I haven`t been around for a while. Just popping in and wanted to also visit the Irish genealogy forum and I see the link no longer works to the old site.
Cetta wrote:I haven`t been around for a while. Just popping in and wanted to also visit the Irish genealogy forum and I see the link no longer works to the old site.
Does anyone have the web address??
Appreciated
Cetta
None of the other websites (German Genealogy, Canadian Genealogy) are active anymore (with any URL). No reason has been given that I know of. See this thread.
Wow, that is really sad for me. There was information on the Irish site re my Irish side that I never copied. It was quite detailed information that sks looked up for me re Baptisms and Catholic Church records re my gggrandfather`s family
Is there no way for me to access my threads there?
Cetta wrote:Wow, that is really sad for me. There was information on the Irish site re my Irish side that I never copied. It was quite detailed information that sks looked up for me re Baptisms and Catholic Church records re my gggrandfather`s family
Is there no way for me to access my threads there?
Is it just lost?
Oh I feel sick to my stomach.
I'm sorry. I tried the Wayback Machine (it archives websites) but they have no record of it. Google Cache doesn't work either, because the most recent cache is after the sites were shut down. You might try contacting Edmondo (the site admin), he may be able to retrieve the information for you. Other than that, I don't know.
Cetta wrote:
There are no words for how I feel. I am so disgusted with myself!
Genealogy has a lot of those moments. For instance, when your great grandmother dies at 100 and you realize you never took the chance to ask her about her family.
Anyway, let me know if you're able to retrieve them.
Cetta wrote:I haven`t been around for a while. Just popping in and wanted to also visit the Irish genealogy forum and I see the link no longer works to the old site.
Does anyone have the web address??
Appreciated
Cetta
I am new to this forum, however I have two links that may be able to help you find out more about your Irish heritage.
"Che mondo sarebbe senza nutella" is the official slogan of the wonderful hazelnut cream known as Nutella, appreciated by many and eaten worldwide. Few know that its invention was totally random and born out of necessity. HistoryIn 1946, at the end of WWII, chocolate was so expensive nobody could a...