Ruberti history in Pisa (specifically Asciano)
Re: Ruberti history in Pisa (specifically Asciano)
It's probably just Ida then. Just weird how the names changed like that. Iolanda, Ida, and Edith were all the same person though. Iolanda sounds more like an Italian version of Yolanda.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Ruberti history in Pisa (specifically Asciano)
You're right!brru25 wrote:... Iolanda sounds more like an Italian version of Yolanda.
Re: Ruberti history in Pisa (specifically Asciano)
You have to view the film at the FHC. They don't allow you to take the microfilm. Some centers are much more sophisticated that others and you can make copies and/ or burn cd's of the records you need. You can even put the microfilm on "indefinite loan" which means you will have access to it forever. That is why some posters on this site have such extensive databases. They have, over time, copied all their towns records.
Most of us have started by researching our own families and then became hooked on genealogy.
Most of us have started by researching our own families and then became hooked on genealogy.
Re: Ruberti history in Pisa (specifically Asciano)
I think the ship's record shows her original name as Iola. It was probably "Americanized" to Ida and/or Edith. Census takers were notorious for copying what they "heard."
Re: Ruberti history in Pisa (specifically Asciano)
Yea I've been taking that into consideration. Antonio's record says his last name is Roberti, not Ruberti, but it's definitely him. At least the census taker didn't just take the name of the town as his last name like what happened to poor old Vito Andolini, my name would have been Brian Asciano. Interesting.
Re: Ruberti history in Pisa (specifically Asciano)
Hi, i wrote you twice about Anna D'Eustachio. If you are really interested I remind you that she was my grandfather's sister.
pls use pm. tks
pls use pm. tks
Re: Ruberti history in Pisa (specifically Asciano)
I apologize I must not have received those writings. Who was your grandfather? She had a lot of siblings. I remember seeing a lot of names when I was looking through the Notaresco microfilms. She must have been one of the youngest ones because there were many siblings that came before her. I'm still trying to figure out her exact birthday. Do you have any photos of any D'Eustachio's?klps2009 wrote:Hi, i wrote you twice about Anna D'Eustachio. If you are really interested I remind you that she was my grandfather's sister.
pls use pm. tks
Re: Ruberti history in Pisa (specifically Asciano)
Hi I was interested in your post as I am tracing the name Roberti in San Lorenzo a Vaccoli, Lucca.
This is about 7km from San Giuliano Terme. I know that there are a couple of Ruberti's in the cemetary at San Lorenzo a Vaccoli as well as Roberti's.
On the Italian birth certificate for my Great Great Grandfather (1835) his name looks more like Ruberti than Roberti. As he could not write I guess it would have been down to the local priest as to the spelling of a name. The name was always written Roberti once he got to the UK.
Who knows perhaps we are distantly related
This is about 7km from San Giuliano Terme. I know that there are a couple of Ruberti's in the cemetary at San Lorenzo a Vaccoli as well as Roberti's.
On the Italian birth certificate for my Great Great Grandfather (1835) his name looks more like Ruberti than Roberti. As he could not write I guess it would have been down to the local priest as to the spelling of a name. The name was always written Roberti once he got to the UK.
Who knows perhaps we are distantly related

