Help with translation - birth act
Help with translation - birth act
Hi, I think I made this image bigger. I hope this helps. Thanks! This is for Rocco Laraia.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help with translation - birth act
Rocco Laraia (sp?) was born in Accettura on May 1 1883 (Act date 3 May)
Father Francesco , 40, peasant farmer, mother Maria Filippo
Father Francesco , 40, peasant farmer, mother Maria Filippo
Re: Help with translation - birth act
Thanks! It's interesting that it says his age is 40 in 1883. I have his brother's birth act (my g-grandfather Giuseppe) and I think you read his age as 23 and that would have been in 1873. Could you please look at that document again and see if you think it's 23 or it could possibly be 33? The original post of that translation is
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/ ... 19291.html
It actually makes a difference because I found a Francesco Laraia born around 1838 in Accettura and I ruled him out because I thought the years were off. I also sent for Francesco's birth record and placed his birth around 1848-53 and that may be why I never heard back - wrong years.
Gosh I wish I knew Italian! Also, is there a form online that would be able to translate these forms? I found one that someone posted (FHC document I believe) but it didn't seem to match mine.
Thanks! A.
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/ ... 19291.html
It actually makes a difference because I found a Francesco Laraia born around 1838 in Accettura and I ruled him out because I thought the years were off. I also sent for Francesco's birth record and placed his birth around 1848-53 and that may be why I never heard back - wrong years.
Gosh I wish I knew Italian! Also, is there a form online that would be able to translate these forms? I found one that someone posted (FHC document I believe) but it didn't seem to match mine.
Thanks! A.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help with translation - birth act
I'm sorry for confusing you! Francesco was 33 (and not 23 as I wrote in my previous post)when Giuseppe was born in 1873.
Re: Help with translation - birth act
No problem at all. I just appreciate the translation, since I can't do it myself! Where does it state age on these documents? I would like to try and translate these things myself in the future, since I plan to get a lot of them.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help with translation - birth act
See literal translation...
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7876/roccoq.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7876/roccoq.jpg
Re: Help with translation - birth act
Thank you so much for the literal translation! I did not know they posted street addresses, wow. We are planning a trip to Accettura, Italy in a couple of years (hence the research) and I would love to know the street addresses of my ancestors homes so we can see them and take photos when we are there. Therefore...from this previous post of my g-grandfather Giuseppe Laraia's birth act:
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/ ... 19291.html
Is there a street address? Google earth street view has a lot of the streets of Accettura, maybe I can see if the /street/house still exists.
Thanks! A.
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/ ... 19291.html
Is there a street address? Google earth street view has a lot of the streets of Accettura, maybe I can see if the /street/house still exists.
Thanks! A.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help with translation - birth act
No, no street address in Giuseppe's birth act...
