Help translating letter to comune into Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JoeR63

Help translating letter to comune into Italian

Post by JoeR63 »

This is my first post on the forum, although I have been reading and gaining valuable information for the past few months. I was recently successful receiving birth certificates for two of my great grandparents from San Mango d'Aquino and I'm planning to send a follow-up letter after the holidays requesting more information. I would like to ask a favor and see if someone would be generous enough to translate the following letter into Italian. Thank you very much! - Joe

I would like to thank you for your kindness in sending me information about my ancestors. I would like to make another request. I am trying to find the birth records for Antonio MORACA and Maria FERLAINO, the parents of Giacchino MORACA born on 14 November 1874.

If you could please check the birth record for Giacchino MORACA (Anno 1874 parte I serie / numero 95) for information regarding the ages of his parents or if the names of grandparents are listed.

I believe the father may be Antonio MORACA, born on 4 July 1840, the son of Angelo MORACA and Teodora MORACA but I do not have proof of this. I have found two birth records for Maria FERLAINO, one born on 20 January 1848 and the other born on 10 January 1851. I believe that one of these two is the mother.

I would be very thankful if you could provide this information. I am enclosing two international reply coupons for postage and I ask you to charge me for the expense of the certificates.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help translating letter to comune into Italian

Post by adelfio »

Heres a site with some form letters that might help you Joe

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Also there are films available for San Mango D'Aquino
Subjects
Italy, Catanzaro, San Mango d'Aquino - Civil registration

Film Notes
Note Location Film
Nati 1809-1850 Vault INTL Film 1963955 Items 2-4
Nati 1851-1860 Processetti 1810-1860 Notificazioni, matrimoni 1810-1831 Vault INTL Film 1963956
Matrimoni 1832-1860 Morti 1810-1860
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I dont know if you have this but it goo dbe of use to you Joe
http://www.g-site.com/cgi-bin/moraca-se ... search.cgi?
Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marty
JoeR63

Post by JoeR63 »

Marty,

Thanks for the links. I used the form letters when sending my first letter to the comune. I am hoping to get a good translation of the follow-up letter I'm planning to send since it "strays" from the standard form letters somewhat and I want to make sure the letter is clear to increase my chances at getting a response.

I have the FHL films on permanent loan at my local center. Unfortunately they cut off at 1860 so that leaves a generation gap before my ancestors who immigrated to America so I have to connect the dots to confirm my direct line. I have been in contact with a couple of likely relatives who have posted on the Moraca Registry. I'm hoping to get evidence that my great grandfather Giacchino Moraca's father is the Antonio that I suspect and found on one of the FHL reels. I will then be able to trace this family line back for two more generations.

I appreciate your help.

Joe
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Good luck Joe I have had some luck writing. I have bought a book by Trafford Cole called Italian Genealogical Records it was about $25.00 and well worth it has alot of stuff like form letters and help in translating documents and alot of other info

Marty

Marty
JoeR63

Post by JoeR63 »

(Sorry...please see my post below.)
JoeR63

Post by JoeR63 »

Okay, I pieced a letter together using various books and templates. Unfortunately, I had to rely somewhat on web translators which I know are not trustworthy. Below is the body of my letter that I wish to send to the L'Ufficiale dello Stato Civile, Comune di San Mango D'Aquino. If someone fluent in Italian could check this letter and offer corrections or suggestions, I would appreciate it very much!

Here is the letter in Italian:

Vorrei ringraziarvi per la vòstra cortesia nell’inviarmi I informazióni dei miei antenati. Ha aiutato moltisimo. Vorrei fare un’altra richièsta. Avrei bisogno d'informazioni aggiuntive su uno degli individui, Il mio Bisnonno MORACA Giacchino. Ho già ricevuto da lei quanto segue su questa persona:

Figlio di Antonio e di FERLAINO Maria
È nato San Mango d’Aquino (Cz)
Il giorno 14 novembre 1874
Così risulta dal Registro degli Atti di Nascita di questo Comune
Anno 1874 parte I serie / numero 95

Vorrei trovare il atti di nàscita del mio antenati MORACA Antonio and FERLAINO Maria. Non conosco le loro date di nascita. Potreste controllare prego il registro di nascita di MORACA Giacchino per vedere se c'è per determinare le date di nascita dei suoi genitori?

Credo che MORACA Antonio sopportato il 4 luglio 1840 possa essere il padre di Giacchino. Spero di trovare la prova di questo. Ho trovato due annotazioni di nascita per FERLAINO Maria, uno sopportato il 20 gennaio 1848 e l'altro sopportato il 10 gennaio 1851. Credo che uno di questi due sia la madre di Giacchino.

Le sarei veramente grato se potètte provved érmi quest’informazióne. Inclùdo due tagliandi di postale universal. Vi prègo di addebitarmi tutte le spése del certificati.

Here is the letter in English:

I would like to thank you for your kindness in sending me information about my ancestors. It has helped very much. I would like to make another request. I need further information about one of the individuals, my Great Grandfather MORACA Giacchino. I have already received from you the following information about this person:

Son of: Antonio and FERLAINO Maria
Born: San Mango d’Aquino (Cz)
Date: 14 November 1874
Thus it turns out from the Registry of the Birth certificates of this Municipality
Anno 1874 parte I serie / numero 95

I would like to find the birth records of my ancestors MORACA Antonio and FERLAINO Maria. I do not know their dates of birth. Could you please check the birth register of MORACA Giacchino for information to determine the birth dates of his parents?

I believe that MORACA Antonio born on 4 July 1840 may be the father of Giacchino. I hope to find proof of this. I have found two birth records for FERLAINO Maria, one born on 20 January 1848 and the other born on 10 January 1851. I believe that one of these two is the mother of Giacchino.

I would be very thankful if you could provide this information. I am enclosing two international reply coupons for postage. I ask you to charge me for the expense of the certificates.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I think it looks good you done a fine job on the letter and I wish you luck on your response
Buon Natale
Marty A

Marty
JoeR63

Post by JoeR63 »

Thanks Marty!
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

A little bit of cosmetics:

Vorrei ringraziarvi per la vostra cortesia nell’inviarmi le informazioni sui miei antenati. Sono state di grande aiuto. Vorrei fare un’altra richiesta. Avrei bisogno di informazioni aggiuntive su uno degli individui, il mio bisnonno MORACA Giacchino, di cui mi avete già inviato i seguenti dati:

Figlio di Antonio e di FERLAINO Maria
Nato a San Mango d’Aquino il 14 novembre 1874
Registro degli Atti di Nascita, Anno 1874 parte I serie / numero 95

Vorrei trovare gli atti di nascita dei miei antenati MORACA Antonio e FERLAINO Maria, di cui non conosco la data di nascita. Potreste controllare, per cortesia, il registro di nascita di MORACA Giacchino per vedere se ci sono informazioni per determinare le date di nascita dei suoi genitori?

Credo che MORACA Antonio nato il 4 luglio 1840 possa essere il padre di Giacchino. Spero di trovare la prova di questo. Ho trovato due annotazioni di nascita per FERLAINO Maria, una nata il 20 gennaio 1848 e l'altra nata il 10 gennaio 1851. Credo che una di queste due sia la madre di Giacchino.

Vi sarei veramente grato se poteste fornirmi quest’informazione. Allego due tagliandi di posta internazionale per la risposta e Vi prego di farmi sapere quanto vi devo per i certificati.
JoeR63

Post by JoeR63 »

Grazie Livio!