Please translate......

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

Please translate......

Post by Petrarca »

Hi,

I would be extremely grateful if anyone would be kind enough to take the time and translate this letter for me so that I can send it off to Italy.

Thanks.... Ron..........................

To whom it may concern:

I am an American, and I would very much like to become an Italian citizen; however, in order to do this, I must obtain official copies of my great-grandparents' birth certificates.
My great-grandfather's name was Sabatino D'Agostino, and he was born on the eigth of February in 1884 in Cagnano Amiterno. My great- grandmother, Loretta DiPiero, was born in your town, as well, on the 26th of June in 1886.
I would greatly appreciate it if you would send me copies of these records. Please let me know if there is any cost involved, and I will send payment immediately.

Thank very much,

Ron Petrarca
Cach

Re: Please translate......

Post by Cach »

see next
Cach

Post by Cach »

user not interested
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Petrarca »

Thank you very much for your kind responses. I very much needed that address you gave; however, I was looking for a precise translation of my letter. Any help from someone who knows Italian very well would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron...
Cach

Post by Cach »

From the comune you want the birth certificates only, what I wrote is the way they want to read it, you need to contact the consulate for the other things.
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Petrarca »

Pardon? All I wanted was to send a personalized letter to the village in which my ancestors were born. What on earth does that have to do with the Italian consulate and citixenship? You're ascribing motives to me that I don't have...
Cach

Post by Cach »

This is what you wrote in your letter

"...I am an American, and I would very much like to become an Italian citizen; however, in order to do this, I must obtain official copies of my great-grandparents' birth certificates..." you are not doing this to get your italian citizenship and reside in Europe?
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Petrarca »

Yes, I am....but I didn't put that information in there to expedite the process....just to be friendly and informative! GEEZ!
Cach

Post by Cach »

Well then, I hope somebody translates your letter so that you could obtain the BCs and at the same time sound friendly to the Anagrafe's employee which receives it and has to anyway find your BC and mail it, so that ultimately you could get your BCs at home and then contact the Consulate for all the rest. I shouldn't have written those standard letters to obtain the BCs, you don't need them.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Dear Cach,
On behalf of myself and others searching in Italy I thank you for the thoughtful manner in which you translated the letter. It enables those of us who do not speak the language to request information from the needed comune in Italy. The generousity shown by those who take time to look up census records, passenger records and translante documents makes this a very special web site.

Debbie
Cach

Post by Cach »

Debbie:

Thanks for your words.
Toscana

Post by Toscana »

Just go there and ask for the certificates. So much more rewarding. Toscana