Looking for Serravillo in Castrofilippo, Sicily
- SerravilloMarino
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 03 Mar 2005, 00:00
- Location: New York
- Contact:
Looking for Serravillo in Castrofilippo, Sicily
Are there any Serravillo relatives out there? My grandfather, Angelo, and grandmother, Angelina (Messina), were both born in Castrofilippo. I've researched some and found that the town still has people with the Serravillo name. We're planning a trip next year and I've become very interested in finding lost relatives...
Re: Looking for Serravillo in Castrofilippo, Sicily
Hi There,SerravilloMarino wrote:Are there any Serravillo relatives out there? My grandfather, Angelo, and grandmother, Angelina (Messina), were both born in Castrofilippo. I've researched some and found that the town still has people with the Serravillo name. We're planning a trip next year and I've become very interested in finding lost relatives...
Just to let you know, there is microfilm that you can order and rent from your nearest Family History Center and you can try to trace your ancestors back before you go to Italy.
The link below if the microlfim numbers. It cost about $3.50 to rent the film.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50
Also, here is a Directory for Italy that you might be able to find who is still left in your town with your surname.
http://www.infobel.com/italy/default.asp
Hope this all helps.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: Looking for Serravillo in Castrofilippo, Sicily
Hi,
I am Azzurra from Taranto, Italy. I have a friend who is from Connecticut, America and he is 1/4 Italian. Since I am Italian, I am curious to find his "Sicilian family". His Italian relatives are almost the same as yours: Angelo Serravillo (born in 1906) and Mary Mule. They were from Castrofilippo. I would really appreciate if you could tell me more information or help me with some resources and links. Moreover, I would be very pleased if you could provide me with a link where I could find pictures about these people.
Thank you
Azzurra
I am Azzurra from Taranto, Italy. I have a friend who is from Connecticut, America and he is 1/4 Italian. Since I am Italian, I am curious to find his "Sicilian family". His Italian relatives are almost the same as yours: Angelo Serravillo (born in 1906) and Mary Mule. They were from Castrofilippo. I would really appreciate if you could tell me more information or help me with some resources and links. Moreover, I would be very pleased if you could provide me with a link where I could find pictures about these people.
Thank you
Azzurra
-
lconnelly54
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 24 Sep 2019, 19:22
Re: Looking for Serravillo in Castrofilippo, Sicily
My maiden name is Lorraine Serravillo and my father, Pasquale Serravillo, was born in Castrofilippo in 1903. He emigrated to the States in 1921. I know my father had four sisters, some of whom also emigrated to the U.S. Are there any more Serravillos is Castrofilippo?
Re: Looking for Serravillo in Castrofilippo, Sicily
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

