Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jpirone

Records

Post by jpirone »

Hello,

This is my first time and I am currently working on creating a family tree. I want to access to birth/marriage records in Italy to see if my great grandfather's name is there. Do you know how I can find such records in Italy? I suspect that my great grandfather resided in Sperlonga. Your help is much appreciated.

John
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Records

Post by Italysearcher »

Go to www.familysearch.org click on Library then catalog. There are microfilms you can order and view at any of their centres.
Sperlongo records are from 1809 to 1865. After 1865 you will need to request directly from the town.
search under Comune di Sperlonga for the address.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Is your surname Pirone?
Pirone is found in Pico, Frosinone, Lazio, but i can't find it in Sperlonga?
Here is a list of the names i found in Pico, do they match any other family name of yours:

Abatecola Abbatecola Barbetta Bartolomeo Bossone
Bruno Calcagni Caparrelli Carnevale Cocorocchia
Colella Conte Conti Conto Corradini
D'Anella Del Grande Del Signore Delle Cese Di Fonzo
Di Leta Falasca Falcone Favre Fidi
Fiorio Forte Grossi Lepore Lisa
Lombardi Lombardo Manna Marcello Marchi
Marchitti Marchitto Marsella Mattaroccia Moccolini
Noe Pandozzi Pannozzo Parogni Pescosolido
Petrocco Petrucci Pezza Pirone Pompei
Quaranta Rosati Ruscetta Scapaticci Sciarra
Sepe Sorice Spiriti Starace Stradone
Tammetta Vacca Vallone Ventura

If you let us have some information on names and dates, where they emigrated too, etc, we can give some help?

Jamie
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
jpirone

Post by jpirone »

Italysearcher wrote:Go to www.familysearch.org click on Library then catalog. There are microfilms you can order and view at any of their centres.
Sperlongo records are from 1809 to 1865. After 1865 you will need to request directly from the town.
search under Comune di Sperlonga for the address.
Thank you for the link.
jpirone

Post by jpirone »

Jamie -

Thanks for the information.

I was able to find that my great father (Joseph or Giosue Pirone) arrived in Boston in 1909 while his wife (Maria Civita Campagna) arrived in Boston in 1904. Both departed from Naples. I found that Vincenzo Campagna (Maria's father) came in 1904 as well and the record said he resided in Sperlonga. I recall that my grandfather (Salvatore) told me that he visited and lived in Sperlonga for a while when he was young. It is probably that he was visiting Maria's parents. There is no information on Joseph Pirone's ancestors or their origins. That is something I need to dig.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

You would definately be right about Campagna surname from Sperlonga. Here is the surnames i found from their:

Agresti Arcangelo Battista Bulzone Campagna
Campana Capomaggio Caruso Ciarlone Conte
Conti D'Ambrosio D'Arcangelo D'Ettore Di Arcangelo
Di Fazio Di Lelio Di Lello Di Nitto Di Trento
Faiola Farina Fragione Galli Giardino
Giovannangelo Grenca Guglietta Ilario La Rocca
Magliozzi Mancinelli Matacchione Mitrano Perrotta
Petronio Piazzoli Rezza Rosato Rotondo
Ruscitto Sabetta Saccoccio Salvetti Scalingi
Spagnardi Talano Toscano Trani Trano
Treglia
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

If he lived in Somerville, Mas. ? He was from Roccabascerana Avellino, Italy. Date of Birth was 10th April 1887. Also lived at 33 Cottage Street, Watertown, Mas.
Sound familiar?
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Follow this link

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... +Roccabasc++

sign up and order the 'Nati 1881-1899' film number to view in your local family history centre. Goto 1887 and find your Great Grandfather.
This will show you his parents names, dates and address, which gives you more information to further your search.

Good Luck J Capaldi
jpirone

Post by jpirone »

Thank you very much for your help and I will look them up.
jpirone

Post by jpirone »

That led me to uncover some new information that his wife's name was Innocenza Saccaccio and that I found the parents of Joseph Pirone - Salvatore Pirone and Silvestra Minucci.

I see that there are several Vincenzo Campagnas who resided in Massachusetts but the one you mentioned could make sense because of the birth date. I need to order that film.

Again, I really appreciate your help!
jpirone

Post by jpirone »

That led me to uncover some new information that his wife's name was Innocenza Saccaccio and that I found the parents of Joseph Pirone - Salvatore Pirone and Silvestra Minucci.

I see that there are several Vincenzo Campagnas who resided in Massachusetts but the one you mentioned could make sense because of the birth date. I need to order that film.

Again, I really appreciate your help!
U172633

Post by U172633 »

Looking for parents and more of Raffaele Marchitti and spouse Rosa Spiriti in Pico. Child Raffaele Marchetti was born 1882 in Pico.
maglib

Magliozzi Fedele Petronio Di Lelio families in Sperlonga

Post by maglib »

So my in-laws are from Sperlonga, Italy. We know that Pasquale MAGLIOZZI (B 1885) married Giovannina Di Lelio (B abt. 1888); has a brother Gaetano Magliozzi (B abt. 1877) married Ermalouisa Di Lelio (B abt. 1877) ; and a sister Filomena Magliozzi(B abt 1877) who married Luigi Spagnardi (B abt. 1876). Most came to the US in the late 1800's to early 1900's.
We also know that Pasquale travelled on a ship with a BIAGIO PETRONIA (B. abt 1888) to NY who is some how related as they were both going to see their cousin relative in Plainfield NJ Gerardo FEDELE.

We know that while they lived in Sperlonga most of their lives that Giovannina and Pasquale had a child Antoinetta Magliozzi (B 1928) In Arezzo before she came to the US for good in 1929. Prior to that they had a daughter Maria/Marie Magliozzi 11/2/1919 in Sperlonga and a son Leone 11/8/1920 in Sperlonga).

Anyone have any information on relatives of Giovannina Di Lelio and Pasquale Magliozzi including parents? Or how the Fedele and Petronio families are related to the Magliozzi family ?