letter translation needed please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
joedemo63

letter translation needed please

Post by joedemo63 »

Hi this is a letter written in 1896 by my great great grandfather. Is there anyone who can translate this? It is not in perfect condition, but would be much appreciated.

Thanks
joedemo63

Re: letter translation needed please

Post by joedemo63 »

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can get this letter translated please? Do you think it is too worn?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Genova, February 28 1896
Mr Anna Caropredo Widow Varaton
Piano di Sorrrento
I did not reply immediately to your postcard, that announced you were happyly back to your family, because I was waitng for an answer from Verona, and I'm still waiting for it, that didi not arrive.
In the meanwhile I believe that my daughter Ebe got directly in touch with you since I senty her your address,I hope you are in good health together with Mary ..... unreadable ..... the available job .... Vicenza .... mre than happy.
According to my strength I adhered to the sentiment of my heart and in the garden there is a cross on which is engraved what you know.
As far Mary is concerned I am thinking (about it) and be sure that I will do what I can do, I only desire to know if she grows up and she goes to school.
Since I am very busy and sick, I cannot write too much .... , so I will make one every month and if you want you will do the same.
Rag. Giuseppe Vareton

(Enrico Vignolo fu G. is a firm that produces salami cheeses and preserves for ships and for exports)
joedemo63

Post by joedemo63 »

Thank you so much.