Cheap Translations

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jalapeno89
Rookie
Rookie

Cheap Translations

Post by jalapeno89 »

Hey Everyone,
So i am almost done! i have all of my documents, apostilles and now i just need translations... does anyone know of a good and most importantly cheap translator? I live in New Orleans and have not found anyone here... let me know! i would really appreciate it. Thanks - Mike
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cheap Translations

Post by JPMessina44 »

do them yourself, using the templates on the forums. They may have to be tweaked a little, but very well done and manageable, even for a non-native speaker.....

Thats your cheapest! :)
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Post by Drew927 »

Mike,
If you don't want to do them yourself, try Gabriella Einaga. She has done several of my documents at a very reasonable price. $15.00 for birth cert and $20.00 for death cert. Contact her via Email.

gabriella_einaga@att.net

Good luck,
Drew
jalapeno89
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jalapeno89 »

Thanks, does anyone know if there are templates for documents from PA? i only saw New York and New York City primarily...
JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JavaisLife »

Hi All,

I used Gabriella - she's is very quick and good - but as I posted elsewhere, my friend who's from Rome looked over my translations and noticed a few errors (the greetings wrong, simple errors that a speaker would notice). Which I wouldn't notice, for I don't speak Italian.

He's helped me go through all my documents and correct them - and translate the three new documents. Where I need 24hr turn around in translations. He had them done in no time.

He mentioned I can post his information - just put translations in the title. He currently lives in New York.

You can contact him and ask him Simone:
cerquatelli.s@gmail.com

Good Luck,
Marie
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

I used gabriella and my translations were accepted by the NYC consulate. the consulate hardly looked at the translations though so I cant say how accurate she was. I would try Javaislife's guy and check out prices if you are going through GGParent I think anything under 300 is amazing. Most places charge about 600-900 for translating about 15 certificates. that is most of the people off consulate websties. I emailed every single one on the NYC website and other services I googled. 600-900 is the average. accuracy is worth a slightly higher price!
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

Has anyone thought of using Systran translating software? The home version is $89 for bi-directional, English to Italian and vice versa. You just type out the document in English and it translates as you type. I used this program several years ago in Spanish and it worked great.
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

Gabriella Einaga.....
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com
musaccosteve
Veteran
Veteran

Post by musaccosteve »

Hi Marie,

How much did Simone charge you for translations?

Thank you,
Steve
JavaisLife wrote:Hi All,

I used Gabriella - she's is very quick and good - but as I posted elsewhere, my friend who's from Rome looked over my translations and noticed a few errors (the greetings wrong, simple errors that a speaker would notice). Which I wouldn't notice, for I don't speak Italian.

He's helped me go through all my documents and correct them - and translate the three new documents. Where I need 24hr turn around in translations. He had them done in no time.

He mentioned I can post his information - just put translations in the title. He currently lives in New York.

You can contact him and ask him Simone:
cerquatelli.s@gmail.com

Good Luck,
Marie
JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JavaisLife »

Hi,

Simone was only $25 per document. He also gave me same day service for one document, which I needed asap.

Gabriella was good too, but as I mentioned there were small errors. You can use either person, I just wanted to offer another option.

Cheers,
Marie
musaccosteve
Veteran
Veteran

Post by musaccosteve »

Thank you, Marie.
Guillo

Post by Guillo »

I do translations in new york, and I can tell you that for this kind of stuff "good" is not as important as "known to the consulate guys". If it's a known signature the officials won't even look at them, since it means is a translator that does the work routinely and they know. This is why it is always safest to go with the services provided by or recommended by the consulate you are dealing with, even if it isn't the cheapest. You can be sure the translations will be accepted that way.
However, if you have recommendations here by people whose translations have already been accepted, I'd say it's pretty safe as well.
musaccosteve
Veteran
Veteran

Post by musaccosteve »

Thank you, Guille.
mishy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mishy »

Hi....I also used Gabriella and would highly recommend her!
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Post by Drew927 »

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I used Gabriella. At my appointment last week my translations were read through for accuracy and all were accepted.