I need help writing a detailed follow up request for info

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dangli
Rookie
Rookie

I need help writing a detailed follow up request for info

Post by dangli »

Good morning everyone!

I need some assistance writing a follow up letter (or email if I can locate thier email address) to an official in Lavello, IT.

In my original correspondence I asked for the following;
Estratto di nascita di Saverio Glionna circa 4 maio 1892, figlio Angelo Antonio Glionna e Principia Fuggetta nato in Lavello Favorisca inviare estratto con I nomi dei genitori. Atto integrale, perfavore.
Estratto di nascita di Lucia Robbe circa 12 gennaio 1897, figlia Donato Robbe e Alfonza Robbe nato in Lavello Favorisca inviare estratto con I nomi dei genitori. Atto integrale, perfavore.

I believe I should have asked for either an Estratto per copia integrale or Estratto per riassunto dell'atto di nascita because all I got was confirmation of the name, d.o.b, and the parents names. I really wanted all of the other information so I could begin tracking down additional information.

So now I want to follow up with the official and ask for the following;

- Photocopies or more information (parents ages, occupations, etc) on the two birth records I requested
- Then, photocopies or complete information (parents names, d.o.b's etc)on the 4 identified parents of the two original people

Of course, I do not want to be rude AND I don't want to ask too much.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Dangli
dangli
Rookie
Rookie

Re: I need help writing a detailed follow up request for inf

Post by dangli »

So adelphio has offered an opening for me...can someone help me with my additional requests?

I would like to thank you for your kindness in your in sending me the hand written certificate for Saverio Glionna and Lucia Robbe (added by me).
Now I have another request to make of you and I hope you will be equally thoughful in answering me. I would like the photo copies of both Saverio and Lucia's birth certificates. These should provide clues to finding their parents birth certificates. I would like also like the photocopies of the parents birth certificates also. Their names are Angelantonio Glionna, Principia Fuggetta, Donatantonio Robbe and Maria Alfonsa Robbe. Their approximate dates of birth could be found on Saverio and Lucia's birth certificates.
Please find attached two International Reply Coupons to cover the costs of mailing the copies to me.
If you cannot photocopy the materials, I would be most grateful if you could hand write the any information from the original records that could help my family in it's research.
You have be most helpful and we are extremely grateful for the information you have already provided.

(They already sent back Euros I had attached from my last request because providing this information was free. Would it be an insult to send money again and say something like "the attached money is for the extra time and care given to my requests"?)

Best regards

Vorrei ringraziarvi per la vostra cortesia nell'inviarmi,il estratti di nascita da lei richiesti. Ora ho un'altra richiesta da farvi e spero che sarete altrettanto premurosi nel rispondermi. Vorrei se e possibile Estratto per copia integrale ?????

Disitini saluti

Thanks in advance!!!

Dangli
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Could you post the documents you received so that I understand better if it is worthwhile to ask for photocopies. Usually when they send an estratto it contains all the info in the original document.
dangli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dangli »

Sure, here it is...
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The parent's dates are missing. Try asking for an Estratto per copia integrale.
Cristiana

Post by Cristiana »

Vorrei ringraziarVi per la Vostra cortesia nell'avermi inviato gli estratti di nascita precedentemente richiesti.
Ora ho un'altra richiesta da FarVi e spero che sarete altrettanto premurosi nel rispondermi.
Gradirei ricevere gli estratti per copia integrale degli atti di nascita di Saverio Glionna e Lucia Robbe. Vi chiedo inoltre la cortesia di indagare nei Vostri registri di Stato Civile al fine di rintracciare gli atti di nascita dei rispettivi genitori i cui nomi dovrebbero essere Angelantonio Glionna e Principia Fuggetta per Saverio, Donantonio Robbe e Maria Alfonsa per Lucia e di estrarne copia.

(Please find attached two International Reply Coupons to cover the costs of mailing the copies to me)

Se non fosse possibile fotocopiare il materiale, la prego di trascrivermi quelle informazioni estratte dai documenti originali che possono aiutarmi nella ricerca della mia famiglia.

Resto in attesa di Vostro gentile riscontro ringraziandoVi fin da ora per tutto l'aiuto che vorrete e potrete darmi.

Distinti Saluti.