I have been looking throught the Ellis Island records for Savier (Xavier) D'urso who imigrated to the US from Toritto, Bari sometime between 1900 and 1909. Thanks to the help of this forum I believe I have located two of his three children who left their mother Maria DiGesi in Toritto to join their father Saverio in New York. I think I also found Maria arriving to join her husband in 1915.
I have not yet been able to find a Savier D'urso that is the right age, coming from Toritto. Is there another port he might have used, and still found his way to New York?
I have been unable to find the daughter Francesca. I had thought I would find her coming with Maria, but she is not listed there.
Any suggestions about where to proceed from here?
Thanks for your help!
Saverio, or Savier D'urso
Re: Saverio, or Savier D'urso
Hi,
There are many ports beside NY Ellis Island. Philadelphia maybe a good place to look. Here is a link to a site that reviews many of the ports and finding aids that are available.
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/passengers.html
Further down on this board there has been quite a few passenger records posted on another thread you started. D'Urso wasn't the manifest originally requested, but the name does come up during the research. I mention this for anyone to review before starting the search again.
Debbie
There are many ports beside NY Ellis Island. Philadelphia maybe a good place to look. Here is a link to a site that reviews many of the ports and finding aids that are available.
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/passengers.html
Further down on this board there has been quite a few passenger records posted on another thread you started. D'Urso wasn't the manifest originally requested, but the name does come up during the research. I mention this for anyone to review before starting the search again.
Debbie
Re: Saverio, or Savier D'urso
Dear Debbie, here is the "other thread" ! with thanks...
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2788
mfjp
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2788
mfjp


