Help crafting follow-up ltr to Comune

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
sforza
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Nov 2007, 23:19

Help crafting follow-up ltr to Comune

Post by sforza »

Hi,
I was hoping someone could help me craft a follow-up ltr to a comune. I am in the process of collecting documents for my dual citizenship app, and need to follow-up with a comune that was eventually responsive, but sent two very flawed documents: One was the birth cert of the wrong person altogether, and the other was a short-form marriage cert.
My initial request was clear on long-form - and I furnished the exact dates and even the record #s of the documents themselves.
I want to make sure that the follow-up ltr is clear, polite, but still conveys urgency. Can someone help me strike the right tone? Here is what I need to state:
"I received the documents you sent on X. Thank you so much for your response. However, the consulate notes some issues with the documents, and I would be so appreciative if you could assist me.
1. I received the birth certificate of X born in X. This is the birth certificate of my trisavola's older sister of the same name who passed away as a child. My trisavola was born on X, l'ordine X in the index. Also, the consulate requires l'estratto integrale (long form) with parents names and places of birth.
2. I am also in receipt of the marriage certificate of X and Y. Thank you so much. However, this document also needs to include the birthplaces of the bride and groom, and the names of their parents.
I don't know if you remember me, but I am enclosing a photo of you and I when we met when I visited X. I am also enclosing X euro cash to pay for the certificates. In the event there is some money left over, please accept a cup of coffee or glass of wine on me."
Any help with the translation (and feedback on the tone) would be appreciated. Thanks!
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help crafting follow-up ltr to Comune

Post by Italysearcher »

If you send me the details I will call them for you.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
User avatar
sforza
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Nov 2007, 23:19

Re: Help crafting follow-up ltr to Comune

Post by sforza »

How kind of you to offer; thank you so much! That would be wonderful. I will pm you w/phone number and details.
User avatar
sforza
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Nov 2007, 23:19

Re: Help crafting follow-up ltr to Comune

Post by sforza »

Ann,
Sent you an email with the details. Again, thank you so much for the help.
Post Reply