Children questions

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Children questions

Post by bmilazzo »

My son, under 18, will become a citizen when I have my papers.

But my two over 18 must apply. I didn't get to ask today so I am asking here.
When over 18 and assuming I have my citizenship papers in-hand, what will my older children do?

Submit birth certificate, driver's license, passport, and my citizenship paper.
Is this correct?

Anything else?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Children questions

Post by johnnyonthespot »

See my reply to your "wife and children" post a few days ago in the Italian Genealogy forum.

Which consulate are you applying at?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bmilazzo »

Boston

My understanding is that my two over 18 children must submit my citizenship approval along with BC, my MC, driver's license, and US passport and show up in person to apply.

The link you sent in the previous post says something different.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

In New York city, I submitted a certified/translated/apostiled copy of my then 22 year-old son's birth certificate along with a photocopy of my new italian passport and the vital record registration form, just like the link says. My son received his letter of recognition about 5 days later. This was late 2009.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

At the NYC consulate during my moms appointment the gentleman was about to register me and my two siblings. all over 18. however we needed to correct my mothers marriage and when we came back the other gentleman said no. I guess it depends on the consulate official.