Colle Sannita? Please help me Brujaojos?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tebor13

Colle Sannita? Please help me Brujaojos?

Post by tebor13 »

Hi Trish,
How have you been? I recently came across some information that indicates that a branch of my family came from Colle Sannita. I think it is in Benevenuto, but im not sure if there is any film or whatever to search. I was wondering if you can fit it in to your schedule to do a little research for me on this branch of my family. Please let me know your availability. It is for the surname Mascia, born around 1826. It would be nice to work with you again. : )

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
Robert
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Colle Sannita? Please help me Brujaojos?

Post by wldspirit »

Robert,
If you access any one of Trish's post, you will find her website listed.

wldspirit
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

tebor13 wrote:Hi Trish,
How have you been? I recently came across some information that indicates that a branch of my family came from Colle Sannita. I think it is in Benevenuto, but im not sure if there is any film or whatever to search. I was wondering if you can fit it in to your schedule to do a little research for me on this branch of my family. Please let me know your availability. It is for the surname Mascia, born around 1826. It would be nice to work with you again. : )

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
Robert
Hi Robert,

It's nice to hear from you. I'm doing well, thanks for asking.

As to your request, Colle Sannita is in Benevento. There is also microfilm from the Family History Center if you are interested in doing the research yourself.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

If you want me to conduct it like I did before for you, send me a private email to brujaojos@yahoo.com.

I hope your family is well. Happy Easter!
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
tebor13

Post by tebor13 »

Hi Trish,
Thanks for the info. Honestly, I really don’t have time to do my own research, and I fear I would miss something if I tried to. I would like you to do it for me if you have the time. The last time I was amazed of the amount of information you found for me, and you rates are very reasonable!! I’m in no great rush, so when you can fit it in that would be great!!

I’ll give a little preview here because I have been having all sorts of trouble with my personal email. I think I picked up some virus, and I trying to get that straightened out.

Anyway, this is the branch of my great-great grandmother Giovannangela Mascia, who apparently was born in Colle Sannita about 1826. My aunt had some old papers and notes in an old family bible that indicated that’s where she came from. Go figure. Like you said many times, it pays to ask relatives over and over and over again if necessary. You never know what may jog their memory.

My great-great grandfather apparently went there from Riccia to marry her somewhere in the late 1840’s. Remember, there was no marriage record for them in Riccia. And… YES, THIS IS THE RICCIA CONNECTION THAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT FROM THE PREVIOUS RESEARCH YOU HAD DONE FOR ME). As you know my great grandfather, was born in Riccia, and you found 4 other children born in Riccia between 1851 and 1864. I don’t know if there were any other children possibly born in Colle Sannita.

So I’d like you to start with her and see if you can find here parents and see how far back you can go.

I hope this is enough to get you started. And as soon as I get my email straight I’ll pm you and we can discuss the details.

Thanks a lot and have a great Easter.
Robert
[/quote]