any clue here as to where the family was from?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
carla370
Rookie
Rookie

any clue here as to where the family was from?

Post by carla370 »

Good morning :)

This are the records of birth for two great aunts, Luisa Autieri and Angelina Autieri. Father Ferdinando Autieri and mother Rosina Santoro.

The parents came to Spezzano Piccolo Cosenza just prior to their births but I don't know where they came from, there are no records of this family in Cosenza IT files online as the births occurred after 1900. I have also tried various spellings to no avail.

Luisa's certificate has a lot of writing at the bottom, I don't know if it's "standard addendum" or not.

Is there any chance these records of births for these sisters mention where the family was from? They were the babies, there were several older siblings but all born outside of the area.

Luisa

Angelina

Thank you

Carla Edwards
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: any clue here as to where the family was from?

Post by maestra36 »

The links you provided do not work. There is no way to view the records. Can you upload the images using a program such as imageshack.com or photobucket.com? Otherwise we can't help you understand what is in these records.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

http://usera.ImageCave.com/cedeed/Angelina%20birth.jpg
Angelina Carmela was born 1904, Dec 22

http://usera.imagecave.com/cedeed/Luisa%20birth.jpg
Luisa Anna Lauretta was born 1907, Feb 18

They were both born in Spezzano Piccolo (Via Sant'Angelo) to Ferdinando Autiero and to Rosina Santoro
Ferdinando was born in 1854 there is non birth place. Ange and place of birth for Rosina are not recorded.

The handwritten sentence at the end of Luisa's birth act is a standard sentence that says "The document was read to all the attendees and signed with the exception of the declarant that was illiterate".
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

maestra36 wrote:The links you provided do not work. There is no way to view the records. Can you upload the images using a program such as imageshack.com or photobucket.com? Otherwise we can't help you understand what is in these records.
Peg, in Carla's links there is a ] missing after , btw it is sufficient to copy and paste the bold part:

[url=http://usera.ImageCave.com/cedeed/Luisa birth.jpg]Luisa

http://usera.ImageCave.com/cedeed/Angelina birth.jpg
]Angelina
carla370
Rookie
Rookie

Post by carla370 »

Thanks Livio yes I am an old html-y person and have difficulty with BBCodes. Thanks for the translation and link clarification. I was hoping it would say where they were born.

Do you know if there are other provincial records online? One of the descendants thought they might have originated in the Napoli region.

Carla
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

The death records for Ferdinando Autiero and Rosina Santoro might include their respective places of birth.
One of the descendants thought they might have originated in the Napoli region.
As per the surname distribution search engines, the surname Autiero aka Autieri is most widely dispersed in Campania. Unfortunately, it's found in many, many towns there today --- too many to canvass.
John Armellino
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You said there was other siblings do you have location or info on them...
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
carla370
Rookie
Rookie

Post by carla370 »

Parents: Ferdinando Autieri / Autiero and Rosina Santoro

children:

-Teresa: no info
-Giuseppe: no Info
-Michaele: no info
-Maria: b 1894 in Spezzano Piccolo Cosenza (my g-ma)
-Angelina: b 1904 in Spezzano Piccolo Cosenza
-Luisa: b 1907 in Spezzano Piccolo Cosenza

Maria and Luisa both emigrated to Canada. I have tried looking for Death records of Fernando Autiero and Rosina Santoro but have had no luck so far. They did not pass in Spezzano Piccolo from 1901 - 1910. This may be one I will need to write to the commune for.

Carla
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

The death or marriage records for Teresa, Giuseppe, and Michele may also be of help.
John Armellino
carla370
Rookie
Rookie

Post by carla370 »

John, I've combed through the records on microfilm here with no luck. I don't know where they lived or where they died which is hindering my search.

Carla
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

John, I've combed through the records on microfilm here with no luck. I don't know where they lived or where they died which is hindering my search.
Based on the birth dates that you have, you will probably have to either write to the comune for records or visit the comune (or provincial archives) to view the records in person. I vote for the trip to Italy! LOL
John Armellino