Antonio or Antonino Caruso b 1903, siblings & parents in

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pdchenderson13
Rookie
Rookie

Antonio or Antonino Caruso b 1903, siblings & parents in

Post by pdchenderson13 »

Antonio or Antonino born around 1902 married Maria Virzi in 1926 in Canicatti Sicily and had 3 children. Does anyone have any information which may help me find out the names of any of his siblings and his parents.

Best wishes, Grazie
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Antonio or Antonino Caruso b 1903, siblings & parent

Post by maestra36 »

Hello and welcome to the forum-

There are microfilmed records for the town available for rental through a local LDS family history center.

Registri dello stato civile di Canicattì (Agrigento), 1821-1910

Nati 1897-1904 FHL INTL Film # 1795852

The birth record should be on the above roll of microfilm if your estimate is correct. The records for the town on microfilm, however, only go to 1910.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

g.lattuca@comune.canicatti.ag.it

The above is an email address (there should not be any spaces in the address) for the anagrafe or registry office. The official there is named Giuseppa Lattuca. You could email her to see if she could give you the specific marriage date, if you don't have it, and the names of the parents of both spouses. Your email though would have to be in Italian
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

to help with letters or emails in Italian, you can refer to the following websites:

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

did you ancestors settle in the U.S.? if so, where?
pdchenderson13
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Antonio or Antonino Caruso b 1903, siblings & parents in

Post by pdchenderson13 »

Sorry for late reply been off line for a while. Thank you so much for your advice, I will get on to it immediately. Grazie! :D
Grazie Patrizia
pdchenderson13
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pdchenderson13 »

No my father moved from Canicatti to Padova N Italy, before emigrating to UK. I now know Antonio, my Nonno, had 11 Brothers and one sister, and his father was called Rosario. I believe his mother could have been called Angela, but I don't know her maiden name. Thanks again :-)
Grazie Patrizia
acartia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by acartia »

My apologies to butt in on this, but I am just in the process of getting a letter off myself, asking for my fathers birth certificate, and noticed maestra36 link on this post, to the formal way of doing it, plus the translation included. It looks great,but the only worry I have for that request for a birth certificate will they send the full birth certificate or as I received once before, only the extract! I was not using that same letter of course, but it was one that was given in the back of a genealogical book a number of years back. I would like to use the link you have supplied here, but just worry that I will not get the full birth certificate again. John