Salario in Chiusa Sclafani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
eveline

Salario in Chiusa Sclafani

Post by eveline »

Hi,
My name is Eveline (Vincenza) Salario, and my family is from Chiusa Sclafani in Sicilian. I have just found the site of Sicily on familysearch and i have found my relatives way back to 1575.
I have a very long list now, and i am wondering how to put it together, and how to go even further back.
It is still all under construction, the names I found are : Guarino, Crapa, Calia, Gendusa, Zito, Cammarata ( my grandmother) Sinatra and many more.
I live in the Netherlands, and I have made my Dutch family tree also to 1500, and have that tree on genbase.com.

http://www.genebase.com/in/familyTree.php?niId=4107648

So any tips are welkom, and also tips on searchbases in that regon.

Ciao eveline , (ecusses for my english, it is not my native language)
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Salario in Chiusa Sclafani

Post by adelfio »

You have done very well for yourself to go so far back. The local churches or the seat of the diocese the Curia Vescovile of Palermo would be the only way I know of researching that far back. I have some of my relatives that go way back through family search but I havent verified them through documents they are the same surname but I need back up everything with facts so Ive been going through the church more and more

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
eveline

Post by eveline »

Hi, do you know the link to the church files of sicily? it is only the province of sicily, but i found a lot there.

https://www.familysearch.org/s/image/sh ... PRagg%253D

If you need to know more, and if i can help with reading , just say so. Have a nice day, ciao.
eveline

Post by eveline »