Hi All,
I have a friend going to the New York City Municipal Archives building to do some research for me tomorrow. I am looking for a lost marriage certificate (that is not in any of the online databases) from 1914.
I was wondering if anyone had some last minute pointers or helpful advice for doing research there. If anyone has a name of a helpful person, that would be awesome!
Thanks again for your time!
-D
Search details if you are interested:
My Details:
Groom:
Name: Michele Paradiso (Could also be Michael)
Born: December 13, 1878
Born Location: San Giorgio La Molara, Benevento, Italy
Approximate Married Date: September 29th, 1914
Arrived in USA on Sept 18th, 1904
Lived in: Manhattan and Kings County, Brooklyn New York
Bride:
Name: Grazia Silvestri (Could also be called Grace, Gracia, Gracie, Grazie)
Born: May 16, 1897
Born Location: Scafati, Salerno, Italy
Approximate Married Date: September 29th, 1914
Arrived in USA on December 23rd/24th, 1913
Lived in: Manhattan and Kings County, Brooklyn New York
NY Municipal Archives Visit
- carmine1917
- Elite

- Posts: 269
- Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 02:10
- Location: New York
Re: NY Municipal Archives Visit
Your friend will have to pay for a search to be done. Not all marriages are in the online databases.
Re: NY Municipal Archives Visit
He went and had no luck... but I do not think he was able to search all possible boroughs from 1913 - 1920.
I will have to wait until he has a chance to go back or hire one of the online agencies to track down the document... if it exists.
-D
I will have to wait until he has a chance to go back or hire one of the online agencies to track down the document... if it exists.
-D
- carmine1917
- Elite

- Posts: 269
- Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 02:10
- Location: New York
Re: NY Municipal Archives Visit
It has been awhile since I was there, but I think he would have to go through microfilms. I was lucky to have found it on the online database, from stevemorse.org. But, my grandparents who were married in Brooklyn, there record is not on the online database. You should call them and ask them what they charge to do the search for you.
