Calvello Family from Marsiconuovo, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RS12

Re: Calvello Family from Marsiconuovo, Italy

Post by RS12 »

Marty - Unfortunately I do not have a copy of the record as I could not print it out at the Family History Center. However, this is what I documented:

Found Giannario's parents Fedele and Yanella (spelling) in the Nati,pubblicazioni,matrimoni, morti, deversi, allegati for the period 1866-1877 for Marscionuovo, Potenza, Italy.

Birth records for 1826 confirmed Giannario's dob as 22 Jan 1826. Searched back as far as 1822 for his parents marriage but to no avail. Records may not be available for that period. Did find one other child - Luigi - born in 1822.

Ed
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Ok thats to bad about the copy of the birth record no copier there Next time try a digital camera you have to set in on tripod or hold it very still but it works

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Heres a thought I checked there are 2 catholic churches listed in Marscionuovo, Potenza, Italy You could send them a letter and ask them for Giannario's parents Bapitismal records just estimate the birth year
Heres the info
http://www.paginegialle.it/pgol/4-chies ... rscionuovo
Form letter for writing to parish
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter4.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
RS12

Post by RS12 »

I'll look into that. Worth a shot. Appreciate your help Mary.

Thanks,

Ed
RF5854

Post by RF5854 »

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site. While browsing through your posts I see surnames from my family tree, also from Marsiconuovo. I have Fiore, Langone, Innella, Ventre & Parente from that area. Do you by chance have family trees in ancestry.com I could view? I'd love to share information if you are open to it. Thanks!

Best regards//Rob
Best regards,
Rob Fiore
Boston, MA
fmrfabby1

Post by fmrfabby1 »

Hello Rob,
Would love to share and perhaps find we are related! I have a public family tree listed under the title The Granaldi-Fabiano Family Tree.
I have a Teresa Parente listed.She too was from Marsico Nuovo. She was married to Annunziato Pepe. We are trying to discover if there is a blood relationship between them and my Grandmother Rosaria Brienza. My Grandmother was raised by them supposedly after her mother died. Her mother's name was Teresa Azata. Look up my tree and search the names to see their family trees. Would love to hear from you! :)
justinfrombklyn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by justinfrombklyn »

Hi I am related to the Squeglia family and parents family you posted about awhile ago did you get my message I have info message me

Justin
Justin
Larry Parker

Post by Larry Parker »

fmrfabby1,

There is no such last name in Italy as "Azata". The name is almost certainly spelled Azzato.

Look at the part my chart of my sister-in-law's ancestors that has much info about the Pepe/Pepo family, and people named Azzato:

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin ... rier&id=I4

That contains a lot of notes, so click on each name to read what I wrote. Feel free to copy any of it, including images.

Also you say that a Rosaria was raised by the Pepe/Pepo family. I seriously doubt that, since I have found Annunziato Pepe/Pepo in the 1900, 1905, 1910, 1920, and 1930 censuses, and there was no Rosaria, Rose, or any similarly named person listed as living with the family in any of those five censuses.
vcir6

Post by vcir6 »

Hi Ed,
Gennaro's brother Luigi[1822-1900] is the father of my GGrandmother Giuseppa Calvello,as per my post:CIRIELLO Family-Basilicata Region.
Gennaro's birth name is Gianuario[1826-1910]. Gianuario and Luigi's parents were Fedele and Nunziata Innella.His first wife Maria Giuseppa Zannola died in 1976,age 50,he married Maria Filomena Parente later that year,I have info on both wife's children.
Luigi married Nunziata Petracca and had Michele[1860]and Giuseppa[1865].

Regards
Vito.
fmrfabby1

Post by fmrfabby1 »

Larry Parker wrote:fmrfabby1,

Also you say that a Rosaria was raised by the Pepe/Pepo family. I seriously doubt that, since I have found Annunziato Pepe/Pepo in the 1900, 1905, 1910, 1920, and 1930 censuses, and there was no Rosaria, Rose, or any similarly named person listed as living with the family in any of those five censuses.
Hi Larry,
I haven't ben on the site for awhile. Sorry for this late reply.
I have since received my Grandmother's Birth certificate. Her mother's name was writtern as Teresa Azata. (May have been misspelled). Also she is indeed listed in the 1910 census as "Rosa Buenzo" ( her name was mispelled.).
Thanks so much for the Rootsweb info. It was really helpful.
Brianmaines314

Post by Brianmaines314 »

Any relation of Francesco or eleornora petracca I can't find out about there parents or birth places