Illinois Vital records

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
gottogetit
Rookie
Rookie

Illinois Vital records

Post by gottogetit »

Need help with people who have experience with this state vital records system. I got my fathers Baptismal record which shows what i need on his birth cert. i am reading that the supporting document that i submit has to be created prior to the age of 19. the church did not send me the original cert. they filled out a cert. from what was in the church register. either way i am going to submit the doc.

but does anybody have any experience in this issue.

Thanks

Mark
ariaangelina

Re: Illinois Vital records

Post by ariaangelina »

Vital records in the U.S., you can get it at the county. Outside of the U.S. I'm not sure.

gottogetit wrote:Need help with people who have experience with this state vital records system. I got my fathers Baptismal record which shows what i need on his birth cert. i am reading that the supporting document that i submit has to be created prior to the age of 19. the church did not send me the original cert. they filled out a cert. from what was in the church register. either way i am going to submit the doc.

but does anybody have any experience in this issue.

Thanks

Mark
corrado
Elite
Elite

Re: Illinois Vital records

Post by corrado »

Not the county!!! Al you can get from the county in Illinois is short form, you need long form. You must order long form birth cert from springfield.

http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords/birth.htm

if you need them expidited, send your request by prioity mail. Apostiles are cheap in illinois only two dollars each, you can get them in Chicago at 17 N. State or in the mail from springfield.