Piaggio in Genova

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lsoderman

Piaggio in Genova

Post by lsoderman »

I just started researching my family history again after more than a decade off, and have found some new leads that were previously unavailable. One is that of an ancestor, Bartolo Piaggio.

He is my GGG-Grandfather. We have found Argentine census records from 1855 that list him as 60 years old, and from Genova, although it is very hard to make out the portion of Genova. It looks like Mairana, but I cant tell. I have posted it below.

Any help in deciphering this name, as well as any info on how to get more information on Bartolo would be greatly appreciated!
Incipit
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Piaggio in Genova

Post by Incipit »

Some other line written by the same hand would be really helpful...
Incipit
Genealogical researches in Italy
www.incipitprato.com
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

lsoderman

Post by lsoderman »

liviomoreno wrote:This is the full page:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... 1779_00023
Beat me to it!!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Cross-posted in another thread: http://italiangenealogy.com/Forums/view ... 21276.html

Possibles:

Frazione Moirano, Comune di Acqui Terme, Provincia di Alessandria, Regione di Piemonte, Northwestern Italy

Comune di Mairano, Provincia di Brescia, Regione di Lombardia, Northwestern Italy

Frazione Mairano, Comune di Casaletto Lodigiano, Provincia di Lodi, Regione di Lombardia, Northwestern Italy

Frazione Mairano, Comune di Noviglio, Provincia di Milano, Regione di Lombardia, Northwestern Italy

Frazione Mairano, Comune di Casteggio, Provincia di Pavia, Regione di Lombardia, Northwestern Italy

Regarding the first - Livio, was Genova a part of Piemonte / Kingdom of Sardinia at the time in question?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

johnnyonthespot wrote: Regarding the first - Livio, was Genova a part of Piemonte / Kingdom of Sardinia at the time in question?
I would say yes.