Help with letter to Italy

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Help with letter to Italy

Post by bkworm10 »

Hi, I am trying to write a letter to relatives to Italy. I received 3 addresses of people who are my cousins. I would like to make contact with them. Here is my letter in English and then the Google Translator. Can you please tell me if it makes sense? I will use this letter to send to all 3 people. Thank you!

English:

Dear Giuliano,

My name is Annette and I live in the United States of America. I received your name and address from Mr XXX. Vito Sarricchio, who was born in 1860, was my great great grandfather. Vito was a brother to your grandfather Giulianno Sarricchio. Vito emigrated to the United States in 1894. His daughter Teresa Sarricchio was my great-grandmother. She was born in 1883 in Accettura. I am including a photograph of my great-grandmother Teresa Sarricchio.

I would like to make contact with my Sarricchio relatives in Accettura. I am enclosing a self-addressed envelope. Or you can email me at ...

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely your cousin,

Italian:

Caro Giuliano,

Il mio nome è Annette e vivo negli Stati Uniti d'America. Ho ricevuto il vostro nome e indirizzo del signor XXX. Vito Sarricchio, che era nato nel 1860, era il mio bisnonno grande. Vito era un fratello di tuo nonno Giulianno Sarricchio. Vito emigrò negli Stati Uniti nel 1894. Sua figlia Teresa Sarricchio era la mia bisnonna. Nata nel 1883 a Accettura. Sono inclusi una fotografia di mia bisnonna Teresa Sarricchio.

Vorrei entrare in contatto con i miei parenti Sarricchio in Accettura. Allego una busta pre-indirizzata. Oppure potete scrivermi a ....

Non vedo l'ora di sentire da voi presto.

Cordiali saluti, tuo cugino,
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Help with letter to Italy

Post by liviomoreno »

Italian:

Caro Giuliano,

Il mio nome è Annette e vivo negli Stati Uniti d'America. Ho avuto il tuo nome e indirizzo dal signor XXX. Vito Sarricchio, che era nato nel 1860, era il mio trisnonno. Vito era un fratello di tuo nonno Giuliano Sarricchio. Vito emigrò negli Stati Uniti nel 1894. Sua figlia Teresa Sarricchio era la mia bisnonna, nata nel 1883 a Accettura. La fotografia allegata è di mia bisnonna Teresa Sarricchio.

Vorrei mettermi in contatto con i miei parenti Sarricchio in Accettura. Allego una busta pre-indirizzata oppure puoi scrivermi a ....

Non vedo l'ora di avere tue notizie..

Cordiali saluti, tua cugina,
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help with letter to Italy

Post by bkworm10 »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Annette