Latin Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
rdel4577
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 88
Joined: 19 Jul 2008, 23:44
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Latin Marriage Record

Post by rdel4577 »

This record is for Francesco Firmaturi. The age and the name fit my criteria but I do not know what the words after the name mean. Can anyone help?

Roberto

http://img25.imageshack.us/i/scanpic0002e.jpg
User avatar
Lucap
Master
Master
Posts: 751
Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 16:27
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Latin Marriage Record

Post by Lucap »

About "marchio Chiosi" I have no ideas. I may suppose a "marchese di Chiusi" (town in tuscany) but I'm not sure at all..

Il giorno 23 dello stesso (mese ed anno).
D. Francesco Firmaturi ... ..., dell'età di anni 57, munito di tutti i sacramenti, rese l'anima a Dio in Comunione di Santa Romana Chiesa. Sepolto nella nostra(?) chiesa Cattedrale(?)
User avatar
rdel4577
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 88
Joined: 19 Jul 2008, 23:44
Location: Walnut Creek, CA

Re: Latin Marriage Record

Post by rdel4577 »

Grazie Luca.

La famiglia Firmaturi e parte di nobilita nella zona di Palermo. Forse, lui era un marchese.

Roberto
User avatar
Lucap
Master
Master
Posts: 751
Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 16:27
Location: Terni - Italy

Re: Latin Marriage Record

Post by Lucap »

Fill in with the key "Palermo, contrada Chiosi" http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=it&tab=wl
:wink:
Post Reply