Help with letter to parish priest

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Help with letter to parish priest

Post by cargor »

I am sending a follow-up letter to a parish which I haven't heard from. Could someone look at my letter to see if I wrote properly in Italian? Thank you.

Dear Reverend,
I had sent a letter to your parish on January 4, 2011 asking for information of my great grandparents and family. I am enclosing a copy of the original letter. I also had previously sent a donation to your parish as well as payment for the return postage.
If you are unable to do this, could you please let me know or tell me where to seek the information that I need?
I thank you in advance for your help.
Best Regards,
XXXXX

Family names:Pollastri, DeSantis, DeAmicis, Napoleone, Rosa, Gasbarre, DeLauretis

Caro Reverend,
Avevo trasmesso una lettera alla vostra parrocchia il 4 gennaio 2011 che chiedo le informazioni del mio grande-nonni e famiglia.

Sto accludendo una copia della lettera originale. Inoltre avevo compreso una donazione alla vostra parrocchia cosi come il pagamento per l'affrancatura di ritorno.
Se non potete fare questo, potrei voi prego lasciolo conoscere o dirmi dove raccogliere le informazioni che ho bisogno di?
Lo ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro aiuto.
Distinti saluti.
XXXXXX

Nomi di famiglia:Pollastri, DeSantis, DeAmicis, Napoleone, Rosa, Gasbarre, DeLauretis
Surnames searching for are Pollastri, DeSantis, DeAmicis, Napoleone, DeLauretis.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Help with letter to parish priest

Post by liviomoreno »

Reverendo Padre,
avevo inviato una lettera alla vostra parrocchia il 4 gennaio scorso chiedendo informazioni sui miei bisnonni e la loro famiglia.

Avevo anche inviato una donazione alla vostra parrocchia ed il pagamento per l'affrancatura di ritorno. Allego una copia della lettera originale.
Se non è possibile avere queste informazioni, La prego ldi farmelo sapere e di dirmi dove reperoire le informazioni di cui ho bisogno?
La ringrazio in anticipo per il suo aiuto.
Distinti saluti.
XXXXXX
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cargor »

Thank you very much! I'll keep my fingers crossed that they will answer this time.
Surnames searching for are Pollastri, DeSantis, DeAmicis, Napoleone, DeLauretis.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I conduct searches in many parishes where the volumes have no indexes. Very few priests will do a page by page search. Ask if he has someone in the parish who could do the search for a fee. Or ask if the family is noted in a Stato delle Anime. Not all parishes did them but it is usually an easier search than individual baptism or marriage records.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cargor »

Ann, thank you for those ideas. I have some of the dates necessary so hopefully someone will take the time to look in the parish. I will try your suggestions...keeping my fingers crossed.