Researching my families immigration to Brazil has been fairly difficult and I am wondering if there are any other good ways to approach this.
My great-great-grand father Antonio Ruberti, along with his wife, Ida Sereni, immigrated to Brazil through the port of Sao Paulo in 1893. There they had three children, one of which died young. They only lived there for 5 years. What I am trying to find is the town they lived in. All I can find so far is the passenger list of them arriving in Sao Paulo, and that doesn't list the town they intended to live in.
Is there anything else I can do to help my cause? Thank you.
Brazil Immigration
Re: Brazil Immigration
Have you looked through any of the records for Sao Paolo Brazil that appear on the pilot site of www.familysearch.org?
To access it, go to search records across the top and then Record Search Pilot in the drop down box. Then go to search our record collections. Click on the map of South America and you will see where they have records for Brazil. There is a list of town, city, or district names under Sao Paolo. Possibly you will find something there.
To access it, go to search records across the top and then Record Search Pilot in the drop down box. Then go to search our record collections. Click on the map of South America and you will see where they have records for Brazil. There is a list of town, city, or district names under Sao Paolo. Possibly you will find something there.
Re: Brazil Immigration
Hi I am Brazilian also looking for my GGF and wish to help,
here's what I found, you need a brazilian address to get the records from them but here they are
ANTONIO RUBERTI M 26/01/1893
IDA M 26/01/1893
FRANCESCO CUNHº 26/01/1893
http://www.memorialdoimigrante.org.br/portalmi/
here's what I found, you need a brazilian address to get the records from them but here they are
ANTONIO RUBERTI M 26/01/1893
IDA M 26/01/1893
FRANCESCO CUNHº 26/01/1893
http://www.memorialdoimigrante.org.br/portalmi/
Re: Brazil Immigration
Catholic hurch records ( maybe they baptized the children there?
https://beta.familysearch.org/s/collect ... OVNk8%253D
also try other life events
https://beta.familysearch.org/s/collect ... Id=1927159
https://beta.familysearch.org/s/collect ... OVNk8%253D
also try other life events
https://beta.familysearch.org/s/collect ... Id=1927159
Re: Brazil Immigration
Try these links too http://www.arquivonacional.gov.br/cgi/c ... /start.htm
Re: Brazil Immigration
I was actually able to find that passenger list of Antonio, Ida, and Francesco through the microfilms, thank you! Unfortunately the list only provides their names, ages, and the fact they were Italian. The next thing I'm looking for is the town they settled in. That may be a much harder task.
Re: Brazil Immigration
I'm also looking for relatives who traveled from Southern Italy to Brazil between 1893 and 1898, and then moved on to the US a few years later. One of their sons was born in Brazil.brru25 wrote:I was actually able to find that passenger list
Could you tell me where you found passenger lists, please? Thanks!
Re: Brazil Immigration
I found them through the LDS church's microfilms for Sao Paulo, which was the port my ancestor came through. Some Italians came in through different ports so it would help to figure that out before you begin searching through the microfilms. I knew through a relative that my ancestor live near Sao Paulo so that led me to searching through the Sao Paulo passenger records. Knowing a time frame of the arrival would also help.


