Translation Request-Dontao Maimone Birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Translation Request-Dontao Maimone Birth

Post by TriciaFierro »

Is someone able to translate these records for me...it is the birth register and birth record of Donato Maimone. I am most curious to know what it says on the second page of the birth record regarding a Propsero that presented the child. I always showed Donato as having an unknown father, but found it interesting that a gentleman by the name of Prospero presented the infant because Donato went on to name his only son Prospero and this isn't a given name that I have come across a lot in my research. Thank so much!
The attachment 1840Register.jpg is no longer available
1840Register.jpg
2011-05-07_12-20-58_272.jpg
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Translation Request-Dontao Maimone Birth

Post by adelfio »

1840 Jan born Donato Maimone presented by Angela Rosa ???? 56 farmer daughter of Nicola a baby boy mother Eleanora Maimone age 33 and the padre incerto
Prospero and Antonio were witness to the act of birth

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

To clarify: unless this atto says something different (I haven't tried to read it), Prospero and Antonio were not witnesses to the birth, but witnesses to the recording of the birth. These were usually municipal employees and/or any resident(s) who happened to be in the municipal office at the time the birth was being recorded.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Donato was born on the 16th of January 1840 and baptized on the 19th. Mother Eleonora, aged 33, and father unknown.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Thank you so much Marty, Carmine and Livio! :)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti