Very interesting New York TImes article

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Very interesting New York TImes article

Post by johnnyonthespot »

A great article at New York Times' web site. It should be availble for free for at least a couple of weeks; after that you may need to log-in (free account) to view it. nytimes.com changes its policies every now and then, so I can't say for certain.

Anyway, the article is about Italian naming conventions, what happens when a child's father turns out not to be her mother's husband, US conventions regarding the "legal" father of a child vs. the genetic father, dealing with New York City trying to force a birth certificate change, and - oh yeah - Fifty Million Dollars!

Read it at http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/nyreg ... f=nyregion
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Squigy
Master
Master

Re: Very interesting New York TImes article

Post by Squigy »

johnnyonthespot wrote:A great article at New York Times' web site. It should be availble for free for at least a couple of weeks; after that you may need to log-in (free account) to view it. nytimes.com changes its policies every now and then, so I can't say for certain.

Anyway, the article is about Italian naming conventions, what happens when a child's father turns out not to be her mother's husband, US conventions regarding the "legal" father of a child vs. the genetic father, dealing with New York City trying to force a birth certificate change, and - oh yeah - Fifty Million Dollars!

Read it at http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/nyreg ... f=nyregion
Interesting!! Thanks for posting!

Honestly, the woman clearly loved her father, if Sebastiano wasn't rich, would she care if he was her REAL father?
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
TessaG

Post by TessaG »

Completely agree with Squigy :-)

Floreano (Father's father)
Bagatto (Mother's father)
Piuzzi (Mother's mother)
Buttazzoni (Father's mother)
MarkShelton

Post by MarkShelton »

What a story. Gems like these should be posted more often.