Looking at some records from Bedonia, Parma, Italy; I see some persons listed as being born out of town. One place the town is listed as "Fonta Bona" another "Fontabonadae" (Latin records).
Any guesses to where this could be referring?
Town in Parma ?
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Town in Parma ?
Bedonia has a huge number of frazioni, the greatest number I have ever seen, in fact:
Alpe, Anzola, Bedonia, Bruschi di Sopra, Calice, Carniglia, Casaleto, Casalporino, Cavignaga, Chiesiola, Cornolo, Drusco, Fontanachiosa, I Pilati, Illica, Libbia, Masanti di Sopra, Masanti di Sotto, Momarola, Montarsiccio, Montevaca', Monti, Nociveglia, Piane di Carniglia, Ponteceno, Romezzano, Roncole, Scopolo, Selvola, Setterone, Spora, Strepeto, Tasola, Tomba, Volpara
What, you may ask, is a frazione? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazione for the answer.
Alpe, Anzola, Bedonia, Bruschi di Sopra, Calice, Carniglia, Casaleto, Casalporino, Cavignaga, Chiesiola, Cornolo, Drusco, Fontanachiosa, I Pilati, Illica, Libbia, Masanti di Sopra, Masanti di Sotto, Momarola, Montarsiccio, Montevaca', Monti, Nociveglia, Piane di Carniglia, Ponteceno, Romezzano, Roncole, Scopolo, Selvola, Setterone, Spora, Strepeto, Tasola, Tomba, Volpara
What, you may ask, is a frazione? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazione for the answer.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Town in Parma ?
.
By the way, there also exists Frazione Fontanabona, Comune di Pagnacco, Provincia di Udine, Regione di Friuli-Venezia Giulia in Northeastern Italy, but I don't think this applies.
By the way, there also exists Frazione Fontanabona, Comune di Pagnacco, Provincia di Udine, Regione di Friuli-Venezia Giulia in Northeastern Italy, but I don't think this applies.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
