Stravinos in Messercola and Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Poolgirl64
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 14 Nov 2010, 19:27
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Stravinos in Messercola and Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta

Post by Poolgirl64 »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for that. I will search out that record, but may also have to look at Maddaloni as that is where Fiorentino lived up until a short time ago(?) ... My guess is that after his wife died (not sure how long ago - but am checking) he went to live with various relatives in Santa Maria a Vico.

My friends' estranged dad is in Santa Maria a Vico, but very doubtful he will be of any help about his parents and grandparents ... so I have to guess as to which location the grandparent was born and then go from there. :cry:

(Usually I have a lot more to go on with regards to family groups but this side will be a define challenge!)

Thanks again for all your help!

Robyn
User avatar
necrosy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 08:09

Re: Stravinos in Messercola and Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta

Post by necrosy »

hi poolgirl64,
I'm Fiore Stravino from Messercola, I'm 28 years old and the grandson of Fiorentino Stravino, what kind of information do you need? sorry for my English
bye bye
User avatar
Poolgirl64
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 14 Nov 2010, 19:27
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Stravinos in Messercola and Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta

Post by Poolgirl64 »

Hi Fiore,

Are you the grandson of Fiorentino and Maria Carmela Stravino? Did he pass away just a short time ago?

If so I am doing family research for a friend and have much to ask. Could you please email me at robinwilson2001@yahoo.com if you are related to this Fiorentino.

Thank you!

Robyn
Robyn

_______________________________
Searching: Stravino/Buttinelli/Di Nardo/Laurenti/Vingolar/Giulini/Laurenti/Palliotta
User avatar
necrosy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 08:09

Re: Stravinos in Messercola and Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta

Post by necrosy »

hi poolgirl,
I'm Stravino fiore, I'm 28 years old and I come from messercola. Have you need information? Sorry for my english!
goodbye
User avatar
Poolgirl64
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 14 Nov 2010, 19:27
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Stravinos in Messercola and Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta

Post by Poolgirl64 »

Are you related to the Fiorentino and Maria Carmela Stravino that I mentioned? If so, how many children did they have - who are they and do you have any dates such as birth, marriage or death?

Sorry, but I don't speak Italian. If you are related please contact me at robinwilson2001@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Robyn

_______________________________
Searching: Stravino/Buttinelli/Di Nardo/Laurenti/Vingolar/Giulini/Laurenti/Palliotta
rubyrubix
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Jun 2011, 02:59

Re: Stravinos in Messercola and Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta

Post by rubyrubix »

Hi Robyn,
I am also searching family in Messercola (Capasso, Zampano) and Santa Maria a Vico (Fantarella, Nobile). If you haven't found it, there is a great resource on Ancestry of original Birth, Marriage and Death civil records for Caserta 1866-1929. It is not indexed, just pages of untranslated Italian documents so it is not searchable. Use the 'browse' to the left and choose your town, year and type of document and start scrolling and translating. The Messercola documents will be under the town of Cervino. Most years will have an index of names somewhere at the beginning or end. Cervino actually had 2 offices (prima and secundo), so there are 2 books with 2 separate indexes in those records. Here is a link to it:
http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1893
If you need any help feel free to ask. Happy hunting!
Jill
User avatar
Poolgirl64
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 14 Nov 2010, 19:27
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Stravinos in Messercola and Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta

Post by Poolgirl64 »

Thanks Jill ... will take a look and if need any help will be sure to ask!

Thanks again!
Robyn
Robyn

_______________________________
Searching: Stravino/Buttinelli/Di Nardo/Laurenti/Vingolar/Giulini/Laurenti/Palliotta
Post Reply