Kind of a sick question

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Kind of a sick question

Post by rancelli »

but Im trying to solve a mystery on my family. Rumor is that my great grandparents may of had children who died in a fire back in the 1890's. When people die in fires, do they still get buried at cemeteries? I know it sounds sick, so I apologize.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Kind of a sick question

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Yes, of course.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

PS: Have you tried contacting the Lawrence County, Pennsylvania Historical Society?

Home fires were far more common 100 years ago than now, nevertheless one in which several children perished would have been newsworthy.

http://www.lawrencechs.com/index.html
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

No I haven't but I do plan on checking it out. Thanks for the link!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Another thought for you (I don't recall if this has come up before...):

NewspaperArchive.com (http://www.neswpaperarchive.com lists the "New Castle News" 1895 - 1977 and "New Castle News, The" 1890 - 1896 among its searchable archives. New Castle is the county seat of Lawrence, PA. I think the 1890-1900 time frame should cover any incident which may have occurred.

It has been some time since I had a subscription to this site, but I had found it very useful. Not sure what the current subscription plans and/or free trial offerings might be.
Carmine