NY Consulate stating Letter from Judge/Court Order

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
rjnigro
Rookie
Rookie

NY Consulate stating Letter from Judge/Court Order

Post by rjnigro »

Hi ...

With regard to the NY Consulate requiring in the case of NARA document discrepancies a letter from a Judge or a US Court order ... I am trying to comply with it but have been requested to produce an actual notification from the consulate requiring such. So, I would appreciate anyone having received such, if you are amenable, please e-mail a copy to me.
rjnigro@hotmail.com

Thanks
Ron
SChiarini
Rookie
Rookie

Re: NY Consulate stating Letter from Judge/Court Order

Post by SChiarini »

When did they contact you? Was it a letter? Also what did it say?
rjnigro
Rookie
Rookie

Re: NY Consulate stating Letter from Judge/Court Order

Post by rjnigro »

when we emailed for a follow-up we received the following response:

"We wish to inform you that since your appointment, a new regulation has been issued by the Ministry of the Interior, regarding the citizenship application process, which pertains specifically in cases such as yours.
As you will recall, this office had pointed out to you that there was a discrepancy in the date of birth of your Italian ancestor, as it appears on the Petition for Naturalization, as compared to the actual birth date as indicated in the original birth certificate.
The new regulation requires that you obtain either a U.S.Court document, or official letter from from a Judge, which states that the person indicated in the Petition for Naturalization and the person indicated in the original birth certificate are one and the same.

We suggest that you resubmit your request for a follow up appointment, by referencing this e mail and when you have the above document in your posession.
We will accomodate your request in the shortest time frame possible."
Someone else received that message as reported here. I did not. Although I have not had my appointment yet,I am in the same situation. I am trying to obtain what the NY Consulate wants and may have someone who can help. But the person wants to see what the Consulate actually sent. Ergo my requesr