Translation request of processetti record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JOHN08
Master
Master

Translation request of processetti record

Post by JOHN08 »

With the help of another researcher, I located the processetti records for Bernardo Mizii and Angliolina Mazzaccone.

I have attached only the image of the first page of this record; the other pages are not legible. In the next week I will try to obtain legible images for attachment.

The following information from the first page, per my translation - as a novice: Luigi Mizi age 40, died on the December 6th 1801, his deceased wife Anna Nicola of ?.

For your information, Luigi Mizi was the son of Bernardo Mizii, sometimes spelled: "Mizi", and Angliolina Mazzaccone.

Any additional information or corrections to my translations would be appreciated.

Regards,

John

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/luigimizi.jpg/
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: Translation request of processetti record

Post by JohnArmellino »

Hi John

I read it as follows:

10th of December 1801
Luigi Mizi deceased husband of Anna Nicola of Carlantonio Placentini, ...age forty...

Some of the record is cut off at the right margin but the essence of the record is all there. Luigi Mizi died on 10 DEC 1801. He was the husband of Anna Nicola Placentini, daughter of Carlantonio Placentini.

The surname Placentini does not appear in Atri today. However, Placentino can be found in Chieti and San Giovanni Teatino, also towns in Abruzzo. Many Placentino can also be found in Foggia.
John Armellino
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

The attached image is one of pages of the processetti records; this page contains a number of ancestors I am researching.

The ancestors I can translate are: Filippo Mazzacca, age 56, peasant farmer; Mazzaccone, widower, son of deceased Donata Facciolini and Dionigio Mazzaccone.

I am not sure of the rest of the names on this page.

Any help with this page would be appreciated.

Regards,

John

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1651/page56q.jpg
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

I believe that the record reads as follows:

12 JUL 1816...Filippo Mazzocco, age 56, contadino, living in this town [Elce], and Eusepio de Massis, age 33, contadino, living in this place, state that on the 12th day of July of the current year, at the fifth hour, Alessandro Mazzaccone, widower of the late Donata Faccioolini, son of the late Dionisio Mazzaccone and the late Lucia Marchese, age 70, contadino, living in this town, died at his house.

Although this processetti is from Atri, this extract appears to be from the Stato Civile di Elce. There is no town named Elce in Italy today. However, there is a frazione named Elce in the comune of Cortina and it was a separate comune until 30 NOV 1816, when it joined Cortina. Prior to that it was a holding of the Duke of Atri. So that may be the place. However, there is also a town named Elice that is located next to Atri. In that town, the surnames Mazzocco, de Massis, and Facciolini are found today. So that is also a possibility. Perhaps the rest of the processetti will give you a clue.
John Armellino