Palermo Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
annamaria53

Palermo Records

Post by annamaria53 »

Hello, I live in Malta and some years ago a friend of mine made two family trees for me - direct line of my mother (Pace) and father (Catania). I was hoping to go back to the date when my ancestors from Sicily arrived in Malta, however, the family trees go back to earlier than 1545. My friend told me that earlier records were kept in Palermo, so where exactly in Palermo are they kept? Apart from my parents' surnames, Pace and Catania, my great-grandmother's surname was Troisi and my great, great grandmother was Diedo which I can't seem to find much info. about. Thank you.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Palermo Records

Post by adelfio »

The only records that I know of that go that far back are church records or Noble family records You have to contact the diocese in Palermo or the parish in the town they where from. There are alot Curia Vescovile's one for every province in Sicily Here is a website for you
http://www.gentracer.com/palermodio.html
Address for Palermo
Curia Vescovile
Diocese di Palermo
Via Matteo Bonello, 2
90134 Palermo (PA)

Ive had better luck contacting the town parishes but only when back to 1777 for baptismal records
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
annamaria53

Post by annamaria53 »

Thank you very much. As I already have records dating back to 1545 I knew this wouldn't be easy! In Malta we trace our ancestors mostly by church marriage records. Surnames are so interesting...Via Matteo Bonello...Bonello is a very common surname here in Malta!
twotonies

Re: Island of Malta

Post by twotonies »

Hello, I'm looking for the birth records of my great grandmother, Maria Falzone, who was born during the late 1800's. She had at least three other siblings, Julietta, Edwardo and Guiseppe. Whom can I contact? Maria Falzone left Malta before she married. I don't have any information on her siblings. I was told she descended from royalty. Any historical information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
annamaria53

Post by annamaria53 »

Hi, I think you would need to contact a genealogist in Malta for that sort of information. Here are the contact details of one whom I've used in the past. He is very good and not too expensive. Also find a couple of web links. Good luck!

David Lanfranco
Pp Antoine Lanfranco
Genealogist
'Antmar'
C De Brocktorff Street,
Msida MSD1422
MALTA
Tel: (+356) 21 334373
e-mail: guliana@onvol.net
web: www.genealogyservicesmalta.com

http://www.maltagenealogy.com/
http://genforum.genealogy.com/malta/