Where to obtain my Grandfather's birth certificate pls.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ToniZ

Where to obtain my Grandfather's birth certificate pls.

Post by ToniZ »

Hello Everyone

Thanks so much everyone for their help with giving me ideas on how to locate possible relatives with the surname of Zeppellini. Unfortunately, there are just too many persons with that surname for me to contact so I've come up with a different plan. My family tree has hit a brick wall with my grandfather so I came up with the idea of obtaining his birth certificate. I am hoping that like in Australia, the birth certificate lists parents and any siblings the person had at time of birth.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to locate & hopefully obtain a copy of my Grandfather's certificate? (If the site is in English that of course would be fantastic but if not my Mum will have to translate it for me.)

Thanks so much for reading.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Toni
Australia
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Where to obtain my Grandfather's birth certificate

Post by VaDeb »

What country was your grandfather born in? If it is in Italy you have to know the town or comune of his birth to get the record.

Debbie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Previous discussion of this issue:

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=3043

Toni, in this topic did you discover the town of your grandfather's birth?
ToniZ

Post by ToniZ »

Hello VaDeb
I have just been on the telephone with my Mum to try and find out. We are unsure. Now I wonder if we should start with my father as I know he was born in Borgofranco, Mantova, Italy. Can you provide any suggestions on who to contact please? Thanks for any advice you can provide, Toni
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

contact info.........

http://www.comuni.it./pbase/?IDcom=995

wldspirit
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Tony,
Starting with your father is a good idea. The record will have the names of his parents and should list where they were from. Unfortunately the records from LDS for this town are very limited, 1806-1815. You are going to have to write to the town to get his birth record. I don't have an address for you, but I am sure someone will reapond wiht an address.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

ToniZ wrote:Hello Everyone

Thanks so much everyone for their help with giving me ideas on how to locate possible relatives with the surname of Zeppellini. Unfortunately, there are just too many persons with that surname for me to contact so I've come up with a different plan. My family tree has hit a brick wall with my grandfather so I came up with the idea of obtaining his birth certificate. I am hoping that like in Australia, the birth certificate lists parents and any siblings the person had at time of birth.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to locate & hopefully obtain a copy of my Grandfather's certificate? (If the site is in English that of course would be fantastic but if not my Mum will have to translate it for me.)

Thanks so much for reading.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Toni
Australia
Dear Toni,

You have some good clues on here from all the suggestions everyone gave you.

Here is the information in order to write to the town itself since the microfilm is very limited.

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di BORGOFRANCO SUL PO
MARTIRI DELLA LIBERTA' 3 (PIAZZA)

Telefono 0386 / 41938
Fax 0386 / 41938

Hre is a link from ICC that will help you translate a letter from English to Italian. Also, don't forget to send to International Return Postage Coupons in your letter. They cost about $1.80 (USA money). They use this for return postage.

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Have a good one
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
ToniZ

Post by ToniZ »

Thank you so much everyone for your replies. You have all been most helpful. I really appreciate it. It is quite a challenge what with being in a different country, different language, etc. But your advice guys will no doubt help so much.

I knew the family tree would be a challenge considering it covers a couple of continents but I truly had no IDEA just how challenging!! A neighbour says she has been 'doing' her tree for past 20 years and now I know why. Wish me lots of luck!

Toni
Australia