Translation Req - Concetta D'Elia Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Translation Req - Concetta D'Elia Birth Record

Post by TriciaFierro »

hello!

Tessa and Marty are going to be SO proud of me because I think I have some of these records translated! :mrgreen:

Please take a look and let me know if the following is correct and any additional info I'm missing:

Birth Record of Concetta D'Elia born on 3 Jan 1851
To Father Antonio D'Elia, 35, laborer, residing ? should be Montecalvo Irpino but obviously is not
And Mariagnese Calamita ?36?, and is it daugher of Luigi Maria? I had her father noted as Vincenzo so possibly this is not the name of her father? and I cannot translate what is after his name.
Then I believe the center annotation is the marrriage of Concetta and Antonio Castiello on 29 Dec 1878 - does it state anything else about the marriage?

And I have no idea what the bottom or side says but I believe the side notes the baptism, maybe?

Yes, still a little lost, but getting better... :roll: Thank you!

http://postimage.org/image/1lob302x0/
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Translation Req - Concetta D'Elia Birth Record

Post by adelfio »

Great JOB!!

Comune di Montecalvo is where the record was recorded looks living in Strada Trappeto??? no parents listed but her husband was born in Montecalvo cant read the year. Church she was baptized was San Nicola

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

...domiciliato Strada Trappeto (the street in Montecalvo)...
...Mariagnese Calamita di anni 36, sua moglie legittima (this is what you probably read LuigiMaria) ...
On December 29th, 1878 she married Antonio Castiello born in Montecalvo in 1851 (?)
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Thank you both!!!

Really apoprecaite the church names too because they can hopefully help me find more records :)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti