Newark and the "1912 Rule": App REJECTED

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sforza
Veteran
Veteran

Newark and the "1912 Rule": App REJECTED

Post by sforza »

So, after informing my father that he was eligible to apply, we've today been informed by the Newark Consulate that, due to his GF's status as a minor when his GGF naturalized in 1890, my father is not in fact eligible.

The Consulate did, however, accept my mother's application.

So for anyone who took heart from my previous post that Newark does not enforce "1912," apologies, and never mind.
Steverino3006
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Newark and the "1912 Rule": App REJECTED

Post by Steverino3006 »

maybe they have been reading this forum.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Several years ago the reports were that amongst the US consulates, only San Francisco was known to enforce the 1912 rule; they even prominently mention it in the documentation available on their web site. However as the years have passed there have been more and more reports of other consulates enforcing the rule.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
sforza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sforza »

Thanks, Carmine. So then he'd better get over to Philly before it's too late! (My father also lives in the Philly jurisdiction.) What proof of residency does he need to secure an appt at the Philly consulate? Is ownership of the home enough or does the address need to be on the driver's license?