Can someone please help to translate my request?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Can someone please help to translate my request?

Post by cdevita »

Here's what I have put together--I am new at this beautiful language to this degree. Italian was spoken in my home until I left New York 35 years ago! I am attempting to request a copy of my Montemesola birth certificate though my comune. My citizenship (and my daughter's) is new through Jure Sanguis. I am working on my husband's citizenship and require a copy of the marriage certificate recorded in Montemesola. I was also wondering if they are going to issue me some sort of birth certificate or some other sort of document (other than my Italian passport) since comune involvement seems to be very important.

Gentile Signora Anna Neglia:

Io e la mia figlia sono nuovi cittadini Italiani. Le carte sono state presentate attraverso Los Angeles negli U.S.A.

Desidero conoscere se le carte file in Montemesola e se posso ricevere le copie di qualche cosa compreso l'archivario del mio certificato di matrimonio e qualsiasi certificati di nascita.

Avete un modulo che di richiesta posso completo?

Il nome del mio marito:

Grazie,
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Can someone please help to translate my request?

Post by adelfio »

Hi,
Why dont you write in English what you need in Italian it would be easier and more exact.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Can someone please help to translate my request?

Post by cdevita »

Thank you. As I wrote and read this I am not sure if it even makes sense in english. Please advise. :) Cherylanne

Dear Mrs. Anna Neglia;

My daughter and I recently became Italian citizens last year in July 2010. We now possess Italian passport. Our comune is Montemesola through jure sanguis. We filed our paperwork though Los Angeles in the USA.

I am now in the process of filing the necessary paperwork to complete my husband's citizenship and my mother's. I would like to know if it is possible to obtain a copy of our marriage certificate filed with the commune as I will need this in order to complete my husband's citizenship. As to my mother's citizenship process, I provided she and my father's marriage certificate during my application since my citizenship went through my father's lineage. My parents were married in the United States as well. I am not sure how much of the paperwork I provided in Los Angeles gets recorded in Montemesola.

Also, I was told new birth certificates would be issued through Montemesola for myself and my daughter? I am not sure if this is accurate information. If so, I would like to receive copies of these birth certificates as well.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

My husband’s name is: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My daughter’s name is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My mother and father's names: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,