Italian Translation Help Request

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Italian Translation Help Request

Post by rp76226 »

Asking for help translating this 1877 Italian birth record - http://postimage.org/image/2qz6id078/

Under the name on the right side by the number 93, it appears that something happened in 1903 that was manually added to the 1877 birth record. Is that a marriage?
nazca
Elite
Elite

Re: Italian Translation Help Request

Post by nazca »

Hi,
yes it is the marriage with Grisafi Crocifissa (born in Ravanusa). marriage date is 14 february 1903 . The town was Girgenti , the old name of Agrigento.

have a nice week end.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The side note is amarriage act
1903 Feb Agrigento > Ravanusa > Atti di Matrimonio
This the marriage record for Salvatore Puma age 25 born in Racalmuto son of Calegaro Puma and Giuesppa Agno married Crocifissa Grifari age 19 born in Ravanusa daughter of Salvatore Grifari and very strange same wifes name Giuesppa Agno
click and click again to enlarge record
http://postimage.org/image/2yywhk1r8/

Marty :D
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Thank you. I was wondering if anyone knows why the Ancestry.com Italian index and birth records for Racalmutio, Agrigento, Sicily for the year 1877 is broken up into 3 parts, each starting with record #1. On the birth records for 1877 which are 829 pages, the first record starts on page 3, then a different fist record starts on page 296, and a third, different first record starts on page 551.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

There is a section called Parte II which would be filled in the registar if the record couldnt be recorded for some reason in the date order it should be. Sometimes illness, weather, natural disaster, civil official gone to some other town. The italian law wanted records to be recorded in three days or less thats why the tops of the act list a date recorded and sometimes there is another date for the day the act occured.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty