I'm curious if anyone can provide any thoughts on this. My grandfather's baptismal certificate seems to show is first name as Ulderico. As best as I can make out, that is the spelling...and I know that it is an Italian name. That said, he was always known as Henry. Does this make sense? Would it have been an 'Americanized' version of the name. He was born here to Italian Immigrants. Any thoughts are appreciated.
first name ulderico...
first name ulderico...
Hello -
I'm curious if anyone can provide any thoughts on this. My grandfather's baptismal certificate seems to show is first name as Ulderico. As best as I can make out, that is the spelling...and I know that it is an Italian name. That said, he was always known as Henry. Does this make sense? Would it have been an 'Americanized' version of the name. He was born here to Italian Immigrants. Any thoughts are appreciated.
I'm curious if anyone can provide any thoughts on this. My grandfather's baptismal certificate seems to show is first name as Ulderico. As best as I can make out, that is the spelling...and I know that it is an Italian name. That said, he was always known as Henry. Does this make sense? Would it have been an 'Americanized' version of the name. He was born here to Italian Immigrants. Any thoughts are appreciated.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: first name ulderico...
As you said Ulderico is definitely an Italian name. Henry, which is the translation for Enrico, sounds to me as the closest "Americanization" of Ulderico.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: first name ulderico...
As you said Ulderico is definitely an Italian name. Henry, which is the translation for Enrico, sounds to me as the closest "Americanization" of Ulderico.
