Birth Record needed from Naples, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Pjulo

Birth Record needed from Naples, Italy

Post by Pjulo »

Good morning all,

I am brand new to this sight, please forgive me if I post something wrong...

I am looking for the birth record of my grand father. I have his name, and birthday and birth city and what we believe to be his farthers name, but we do not know his mothers name. I was wondering if anyone might be able to help? We have been searching for so long only to not come up with anything... Any help is appreciated. I do not speak Italian.

Thanks,
Pru
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record needed from Naples, Italy

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to the website just post your info there is alot of helpful people here

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Pjulo

Post by Pjulo »

Okay. Here is the info that I have...

Michele Tony Julo born in Naples, Italy on 9-29-1884. His fathers name we believe was John Tony Julo

Now... We are not certain that JULO is spelled correctly. We have seen some other spellings. JULO, JULLO, JULIO, GULLO, GUILIO and we can only assume that TONY is either Anthony or Antionio. We are pretty certain about the birth date though. Thank you so much to anyone who is able to help.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

How about wifes name and where did he settle in the USA its best to start at the beginning and work back.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Pjulo

Post by Pjulo »

Hi Mary,

He settled in Kansas City Mo. and Kansas City Ks. He married Wilsie Sylvia Thorpe (Birth 9/19/1884 death 6/17/1968) They were married in Levenworth County Kansas on December 12/24/1906.

Michele Julo's death date is 2/24/1949, he died in Rich Hill Mo.

I have a really good collection of information from once he was in the USA, but I have nothing from before that, except the first information. I am not sure what else would help us find the other information. We are hoping to find his birth certificate to look into his mother and fathers history some. Please let me know if any more information is needed that would be helpful.
Pjulo

Post by Pjulo »

Sorry, meant to say MARTY! My T key stuck...
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I did a little looking in the 1910 census wifes name spelling is off but the rest info is the same, but says birth place is different says fathers french and mothers italian.

Name: Mike Julo
Birthplace: France
Relationship to Head of Household: Self
Residence: Kansas Ward 5, Wyandotte, Kansas
Marital Status: Married
Race : White
Immigration Year: 1902
Father's Birthplace: France
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Family Number: 128
Page Number: 6
Household Gender Age
Mike Julo M 26y
Spouse Silvey Julo F 25y
Child May Julo F 5y
Child Gladys Julo F 2y
Child Earl Julo M y 8m

Then the 1920 Census
Name: Mike Julo
Residence: , Wyandotte, Kansas
Estimated Birth Year: 1885
Birthplace: Italy
Relationship to Head of Household: Self
Race: White
Marital Status: Married
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Film Number: 1820555
Digital Folder Number: 4300900
Image Number: 00609
Sheet Number: 11
Household Gender Age
Mike Julo M 35y
Spouse Wilsie Julo F 35y
Child May Julo F 14y
Child Gladys Julo F 12y
Child Earl Julo M 10y

I saw the draft card says hes born in Italy. How did you get the info he was born in Naples?

Marty

Marty
Pjulo

Post by Pjulo »

Marty,

The 1910 census is the only one that shows France as a birth place. We now believe that both parents lived in Italy, but the father was of French decent. We got Naples off of the application for a social security card (which was filled out by michele julo) and off of his death certificate. He went by the name MIKE Julo in the USA. And for his wife, Silvey, Wilsey and Sylvia are all the same person..
Pjulo

Post by Pjulo »

In case it helps...

We got that he is from ITALY from Naturalization papers-1906
Draft card 1918
Cenus for 1920 and 1930

SS application shows both Naples and Italy- 1936
Death certificate shows both Naples and Italy-1949
Funeral reciept also shows Naples and Italy-1949

The marriage licence is all wrong, its in the name Tony Jullo- 1906, this does not show birth place, it has his wife listed as Silvey Thorpe.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Well we can try email to the Archivio di Stato di Napoli,and ask for his birth record.
Email Address: as-na@beniculturali.it

Mi chiamo (YOUR NAME). Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho biosgno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
I miei antenati provennero da Napoli. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
Vorrie atto di nascita di Michele Antonio Julo figlio di Antonio Julo nasce a Napoli Settembre, 1884.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi prego di farmi sapere il costo del vostro aiuto e come posso effettuare il pagamento.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
Name address and email address
Email asking for Michele,s birth record from Napoli born in Sept 1884 just have to put your name in the beginning and email.Its a start see if it pans out for you.

Marty

Marty
Pjulo

Post by Pjulo »

Thank you, I just sent off the email. Would they be able to tell me if the name was spelled wrong? Like if there was a name that was close? I hope this does pan out. Ill let you know, cause I can only assume that I will not be able to read the response. :)

Thank you so much, I think what you guys are doing is great!
RussoTiesi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RussoTiesi »

I entered "Julo" into the Italian phonebook page and came up with only one hit: http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... 50001&tu=1

(And, with my very rudimentary Italian, can't even tell if it is a first or last name.)

My guess is that "Julo" is indeed a variant spelling. Perhaps you could try entering the other spellings you suggested above into the phone directory and see if you can find any large concentrations around Naples to help you narrow your search. Better yet, try the surname distribution map at http://gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/genera.html (this site showed no occurrences of Julo, Jullo, or Guilio, some pockets of Julio, and numerous places of Gullo). If you zoom in, you should be able to figure out the individual towns.

Good luck!
Researching following surnames: Russo Tiesi, Terranella, Randazzo, Pancamo; and the following towns: Chiusa Sclafani and Campofelice di Fitalia
Pjulo

Post by Pjulo »

Here is what I got from the email sent...

Gentile signora,
l'Archivio di Stato di Napoli conserva, in serie completa, i registri di nascita, matrimonio e morte dei comuni di Napoli e provincia per gli anni 1809-1865. Conserviamo in maniera frammentario lo stato civile dal 1865 al 1900. Per una ricerca nominativa occorre indicare il luogo e l'anno di nascita del soggetto dell'indagine e, se il soggetto è nato nella città di Napoli, anche la circoscrizione (quartiere) di appartenenza. In assenza dei dati suindicati non è possibile effettuare alcuna indagine.
Distinti saluti,
dott. Ferdinando Salemme

Il Direttore
Dott. ssa Imma Ascione

Nota informativa: ai sensi dell'art. 13 del D. L. 196/2003 La informiamo che i Suoi dati sono conservati nel nostro archivio informatico e saranno utilizzati esclusivamente per le finalità connesse all'attività professionale.
La informiamo che a sensi dell'art. 7 Lei ha il diritto in qualunque momento di ottenere la conferma dell'esistenza o meno dei medesimi dati e di conoscerne il contenuto o l'origine, verificarne l'esattezza e chiederne l'integrazione o l'aggiornamento, oppure la rettificazione.
Ai sensi del medesimo articolo inoltre Lei ha il diritto di chiedere la cancellazione, la trasformazione in forma anonima o il blocco dei dati trattati in violazione di legge, nonchè di opporsi in ogni caso, per motivi legittimi, al loro trattamento.
Questo messaggio (compreso gli allegati) contiene informazioni riservate di proprietà dell'ASNa, destinate ad una specifica persona per un obiettivo individuato. Se Lei non fosse il destinatario o avesse ricevuto il messaggio per un disguido, voglia cortesemente cancellarlo.
Portiamo inoltre a Sua conoscenza che la copia, la comunicazione, la diffusione del medesimo sono rigorosamente vietate. Precisiamo, inoltre, che tutti i messaggi in uscita sono verificati mediante un antivirus.
Oggetto: R: informazioni dai vostri registri

Oggetto: I: informazioni dai vostri registri
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The Archivio di Stato di Napoli preserves, in complete series, the registers of birth, marriage and death of the municipalities of Naples and the province for the years 1809-1865. Store in a fragmented civil status from 1865 to 1900. For a research you must indicate the place and year of birth of the subject of the investigation and, if the subject was born in the city of Naples, also the (district) of belonging. In the absence of the above information we cant make a search of the records
Note: within the meaning of art. 13 Of D. L. 196/2003 we inform you that your data are stored in our computer files and will be used exclusively for the purposes related to the professional data.
Also if this message is not for you delete the same.
So they want the section of the city of Naples if the search is for the city of Naples other wise they cant search the records because thats there mandate for searching for record.
So they will need that info
Quarters of city of Napoli
1. Pianura
2. Bagnoli
3. Posillipo
4. Fuorigrotta
5. Soccavo
6. Chiaiano
7. Arenella
8. Vomero
9. Chiaia
10. San Ferdinando
11. Montecalvario
12. San Giuseppe
13. Avvocata
14. Porto
15. Pendino
16. San Lorenzo
17. Mercato
18. Vicaria
19. Stella
20. San Carlo all'Arena
21. Piscinola-Marianella
22. Scampìa
23. Miano
24. Secondigliano
25. S.Pietro a Patierno
26. Poggioreale
27. Zona Industriale
28. San Giovanni a Teduccio
29. Barra
30. Ponticelli

Marty

Marty
Pjulo

Post by Pjulo »

We have no idea what part of Naples he is from. He is the only person in our family that we even have a name for that was not US born. Do I have any other ways to go? We have searched all areas for scraps of paper, etc, the best we found is that he is from Naples.