Surnames in Orsara Di Puglia, Foggia area.
- tuscangirl62
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 13 Jul 2004, 00:00
- Location: Helper, Utah, USA
- Contact:
Surnames in Orsara Di Puglia, Foggia area.
Looking for information on the following surnames in the Orsara Di Puglia, Foggia area: Acquaviva, Saurino, Rutigliano, Lauro, Del Sonno, Pagano, Cericola, Chiarello, Monaco, Romagnuolo, Rinaldi, Gambatesa and Grassomorsillo. All in the mid 1700's. I have basically hit a dead end. If anyone has any information that could possibly help me I would like to hear from you. These have all been traced backed from my great-grandfather Leonardo Pagano who married Maria Emilia Schiavoni and then immigrated to the US.
Re: Surnames in Orsara Di Puglia, Foggia area.
Hvae you gone thru www.familysearch.org for any of these sunames? Have you gone thru the Family History library of the Mormon church for civil records datiung back to 1809 for Orsara di Puglia and any other town that shows the name in the www.paginebianche.it website using the surname in the first line and FG for the entire province of Foggia to see where the surnames are concentrated? I do not want to re-invent the wheel so bring me up to snuff as to what you already checked so we can go from here. One possibility that you may not have checked is www.google.com and in the title put in the family surname and the word genealogy. This will bring up any researchers doing research on the surname listed. This may bring up work already done for you on the sleceted surname. But in any event get back to me. Peter
Re: Surnames in Orsara Di Puglia, Foggia area.
Aloha,
I am researching the same families, trying to connect my Saurino line to the few listed in the LDS archives. My family is from Orsara di Puglia, recent surnames are Saurino, Giuliano, Lepore and Loffredo. Most emigrated in the early 1900's to Chicago, IL. Will be gald to share what information I have.
I am researching the same families, trying to connect my Saurino line to the few listed in the LDS archives. My family is from Orsara di Puglia, recent surnames are Saurino, Giuliano, Lepore and Loffredo. Most emigrated in the early 1900's to Chicago, IL. Will be gald to share what information I have.
