Difference between 2 certificates: Giovanni Russo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Granadaiscool

Difference between 2 certificates: Giovanni Russo

Post by Granadaiscool »

I have the following 2 certifcates for my great grandfather:

In Italy, birth certificate:

Name: Giovanni Russo
DOB: 12-9-1883
Place: Gioa Tauro, Calabria
Father: Vincenzo Russo
Mother: Rosa Ierace

In Argentina, Death certifcate

Name: Juan Russo
Date of death: 21-09-1928
Place of death: Capital federal
Nationality: Italian
Father: Vicente Russo
Mother: Dominga Tablar
Married to: Carmen Bustos

So there are basically 2 things that don't coincide, the mother and the DOB. Any way to find this are indeed the same persons?
Granadaiscool

Re: Difference between 2 certificates: Giovanni Russo

Post by Granadaiscool »

This one can be closed, is the same as the other one
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Russo is the second most common surname in Italy after Rossi; there are quite literally tens of thousands of them! http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/gen ... nome=RUSSO

This being the case, it would be very easy to find two (or more) Giovanni Russo's with similar birth dates and identical father's given name. Given the information you posted above, I think it unlikely that the two records are for the same person.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Granadaiscool

Post by Granadaiscool »

Thank you,

The first thing that might help me is to find the birth certificate of my grandfather Hugo Luis Russo. I didnt it so far but this friday i am going to ask for it at registro civil with à new dob because that is registered wrongly at the death certificate. I am also going to the church hè was baptized. Maybe one of the documents says who my great grand father was.

I have à further 2 leads that I can investigate:

1: Giovanni Russo arrived with an uncle and cousin to Argentina and on the same boat travelled

Luigi Russo, aged 18, so Born in either 1880 or 1879
Samuele Russo, aged 45, so born in either 1844 or 1845

I dont know that if they were from the same town offcourse, but that seems possible

So can anybody help to find if there were indeed Born à Samuele and luigi Russo in goia Tauro around those years?

Its likely that Samuele had à brother named Vincenzo and that luigi was the Son of Samuele.

Anybody know how i cAn get this info?

This is unlikely to help me in my quest for citzenship but it would help me to confirn if the birth certificate is indeed my ggf