BC form A from the dept of commerce is required for NY Consu

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
grandpa77
Rookie
Rookie

BC form A from the dept of commerce is required for NY Consu

Post by grandpa77 »

Today I was speaking with someone at NARA and this person seemed to know a TON about Italian Dual citizenship.

He told me that if your ancestor did not naturalized that the NY consulate is now requesting a "BC form A from the dept of commerce" in addition to the standard census report from the Dept of Commerce.

I have not heard of this requirement and I have not heard of a "BC form A".

Does anyone know about the "BC form A" from the the Dept. of Commerce ?
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Re: BC form A from the dept of commerce is required for NY C

Post by Drew927 »

If you have a certified copy of a census record, why would you need another form from the dept of commerce. It makes no sense. the Consulates website states:

"census record may provide additional information relevant to your case: Immigration Records, Naturalization Records, Ship Passenger Lists, Military records, U.S. Passport applications, Voter Lists Record and other (www.census.org);"

The census will help but even without it, you can still be approved providing all your other documents are solid without errors.

I was approved without a BC-A 5 months ago.
grandpa77
Rookie
Rookie

Re: BC form A from the dept of commerce is required for NY C

Post by grandpa77 »

Hi Drew, After getting the phone number from you I called Nara...A rep there told me this info today who claims to field 50 calls a day on Italian Dual citizenship. He told me it was very recent info and he told me he got this information from people he speaks with (where their ancestor never naturalized). If anyone can confirm or dis-prove this information that would be great.