Help with Translating a Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Elpinoine

Help with Translating a Birth Record

Post by Elpinoine »

I was searching on Ancestry for my great grandmother's birth record from Marcinaise, and while I didn't find hers, I think I found her brother's. I'd appreciate any help translating it. Thanks!

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4895 ... 1890bc.jpg
Researching surnames Dogali, Vertucci, Perrella and DiGennaro
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help with Translating a Birth Record

Post by adelfio »

1890 Jan 6th
Birth of Pasquale Perrella son of Antonio Perrilla age 29 carpenter and his mother Anna Gennaro
Witnesses
Salvatore Abbate
Gregorio ???

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Elpinoine

Post by Elpinoine »

Thanks so much!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What is your great grandmothers full name and did she settle in the US after she left Marcinaise
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Elpinoine

Post by Elpinoine »

My great grandmother was Josephine Maria Perrella (Perrelli). Her death certificate lists her birth date as 6 June 1889, although on the Ellis Island immigration record it has her birth date as in 1880. She married Michele Dogali 12 March 1911. They immigrated to the United States in December of 1915, following her mother and two brothers who had immigrated in 1913. She had originally been in a convent to become a nun, but when her father became ill she was called home. I'm assuming that he died sometime around 1913 since his wife came to the United States without him.

My great grandmother, Josephine, died in 1959 in Bridgeport, CT. My mother told me she had always wanted to return to Italy, but sadly never made it back.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I did a little looking for Giuesppa Maria Perrella birth record from Marcinaise didnt find it but did find possible her parents marriage act of Antonio Perrilla and Anna Gennaro
Act of Matrimoni index number #1
In the year 1884 Feb 8 before Tommaso Lepore civil official appeared Antonio Perrella age 27 carpenter born and residing in Marcinaise son of Pasquale Perrella and Maria Giuesppa Amoroso to wed
Anna Gennaro age 26 born in San Severo??? residing in Castellammare di Stabia daughter of Giuesppe Gennaro and Annunziata Mascolo
witnesses
Antonio Longobardi age 40
Giovanni ?? age 50
If this is there marriage your great grandmother Josephine Maria Perrella was possible born after 1883

Click for marriage act click again to enlarge

Marty
http://postimage.org/image/n1utug809/

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

adelfio wrote:I did a little looking for Giuesppa Maria Perrella birth record from Marcinaise didnt find it but did find possible her parents marriage act of Antonio Perrilla and Anna Gennaro
Act of Matrimoni index number #1
In the year 1884 Feb 8 before Tommaso Lepore civil official appeared Antonio Perrella age 27 carpenter born and residing in Marcinaise son of Pasquale Perrella and Maria Giuesppa Amoroso to wed
Anna Gennaro age 26 born in San Severo???San Leucio as per Livio and Pippo in your other post residing in Castellammare di Stabia daughter of Giuesppe Gennaro and Annunziata Mascolo
witnesses
Antonio Longobardi age 40
Giovanni ?? age 50
If this is there marriage your great grandmother Josephine Maria Perrella was possible born after 1883
There are microfilms from Family History Library for San Leucio Italy, Caserta, Civil registration 1809-1929

Click for marriage act click again to enlarge

Marty
http://postimage.org/image/n1utug809/

Marty
Elpinoine

Post by Elpinoine »

Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate all the help.