Application - children's Italian birth certificates

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Application - children's Italian birth certificates

Post by bmilazzo »

As an Italian citizen, can my children (over 18) apply by mail to the Boston Consulate with their Apostilled US birth certificate and identification for an Italian birth certificate and registration with AIRE?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Application - children's Italian birth certificates

Post by ricbru »

Yes, your children need to do, to become italian citizen, as follow:
1) get an appointment at Boston consulate
2) get their long form of US birth certificate + official translation into italian + apostille from US Secretary of State. Long form of birth certificate will also state the name of their mother.
3) certified photocpy of your (their mother) italian passport.
All these documents will be sent from Boston consulate to the italian civil record office of where your ancestor was born, and where your US birth and marriage certificates are filed.
For sure your children need to bring also their personal ID or US passport when they show up at consulate.
When all the documents will go to Italy to be filed, Boston consulate will write them stating that they are italian citizen, and if they want to apply for italian passport, they need to write to italian commune to request "estratto per riassunto dell'atto di nascita" (italian birth certificate).
With that, they can apply for italian passport at Boston consulate.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo :D
bmilazzo wrote:As an Italian citizen, can my children (over 18) apply by mail to the Boston Consulate with their Apostilled US birth certificate and identification for an Italian birth certificate and registration with AIRE?
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bmilazzo »

Thank you. Translation not required at Boston. Certified copy of mother's passport not required (last I asked).
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Maybe Boston consulate dont want the translation, because the consulate does it. If it doesnt even want the copy of mother's passport, it is because they have your folder with papers still there, so everything can be proven.
ciao Riccardo