GOT MY LETTER!!!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

GOT MY LETTER!!!!

Post by sceaminmonkey »

well 15 minutes ago I opened the mail box and got my letter . I am done.

Just want to thank this forum and the people on here who constantly post and help others out. johnny mler Kontessa And ricbru and many more. people like you updating this forum keeps us going.
rjnigro
Rookie
Rookie

Re: GOT MY LETTER!!!!

Post by rjnigro »

Wonderful !

Just curious:
1) When was your appointment at the consulate ?
2) Which consular did you work with?
3) When did you submit your last required document to the consulat3?
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

my original was december 9th 2010. as you know though I had to get my court letter which I handed in on halloween october 31st 2011. I got my letter today which is a month but the letter was dated november 23rd but the postage is dated the 30th. did not have an appointment for the document I just dropped it off
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Post by kontessa »

Bravo, bravo, bravo, bravo, bravo, bravo....and bravo! Finalmente!! :lol: :mrgreen: :) :D

I'm very happy that you had a successful resolution - you had a few bumps along the way! I hope that now that your citizenship has finally been recognized, that you'll take some time (in the future) to give back to others on the forum by explaining a little more about how you obtained that signed letter from a judge.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

is it true that you get your passport same day in the new york city consulate?
taralynn125

Post by taralynn125 »

congrats sceaminmonkey! i dropped off my papers 2 weeks after you so hopefully ill hear as quickly as you did!
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

taralynn remind me did you get a court letter too? I hope you hear soon. actually I had a follow up scheduled for december 27th through abtran but they told me it got canceled. didn't give a reason I assume they are going on vacation for xmas which is totally cool but they told me the next available was april :evil: and i am writing up a little thing on the court letter I want to be detailed. its actually pretty easy once you figure it out but I want to share the whole experience. also I did not want to post about it until I was sure they would accept it. honestly I still can't believe they did and I am recognized. I had every possible loop to jump through I have done every type of correction. also i am superstitious and didn't want to jinx it.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Congratulation sceamimonkey, you got it!
Bravooooooooooo
ciao Riccardo
taralynn125

Post by taralynn125 »

no i didnt need a court letter. actually i was dropping off all of my documents because i needed so many additional things at my first appt. but i managed to get everything together. hopefully i wont have to wait too long to hear. i guess you heard quickly because you just added one more document. question though: did the letter come from the consulate or the commune?
KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

Post by KarenChristino »

Congratulations, Screamin! I know how hard you worked and the angst you went through at times like all of us. You helped me a lot by showing the way. And every victory is a victory for all of us somehow. My appointment is in February and I also look forward to hearing about your Court letter as I'm afraid I may be heading in that direction too.

What a nice thing to have for your family for the holidays!

Karen
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

went for my passport today. waited an hour past my appointment and people who came 45 minutes after me were seen before me. it is only until I said something that they took me. everyone else walked out with a passport I was told I need to away verification. Is this normal? I got my letter thursday and went on a monday. any ideas when I will hear back?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

a guy from Seattle sent the application form and
pictures to SF consulate via mail, and he got passports
after about 3 weeks - one month.
I guess in each italian consulate abroad there is a one
office office that works only to issue italian passport.
In Italy I got my passport in one week.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
Steverino3006
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Steverino3006 »

ricbru wrote:a guy from Seattle sent the application form and
pictures to SF consulate via mail, and he got passports
after about 3 weeks - one month.
I guess in each italian consulate abroad there is a one
office office that works only to issue italian passport.
In Italy I got my passport in one week.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
when did this occur? I thought you had to be physically present to get your biometrics taken for the new passport with a chip.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello, this guy went to vice italian consulate of Seattle to do the fingerprint, this happened few months ago, and after that he sent everything (money and order + self addressed envelope (registred mail) + paperworks) to SF italian consulate.
And all passports were sent from Italian consulate of SF to his home address in Seattle.
In Trento, Italy, last January 2010, I got my italian passport in one week, there was not the fingerprint law yet.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

I got my passport in the mail today. It took just one day under a month to get it to me and it was post marked yesterday. To my surprise the passport has my residence on it and it says consulate of new york where I assume the ministry would normally have some info. Its weird I feel like there are different types of citizens. probably just in my head but I could not be more happy to finally be done.