I got this USCIS letter but poor instructions ? See Pic

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Mike Mo

I got this USCIS letter but poor instructions ? See Pic

Post by Mike Mo »

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I have a question:

I submitted a request to USCIS to see if they have my ancestors naturalization record and they sent me back the attached letter.

So now I need a "certification of non-existance of a naturalized record" and all they say is to include the attached letter to their address in Washington and request a certified one. I don't get it. It's free ? How do I request the certified letter?

It does not say send money. It does not say anything else.

I looked on their website and it does not tell you how to get the "certification of non-existance of a naturalized record"

Anyone who as done this, I would love to know what to do or a link to instructions on what to do. I doubt they will give me the "certification of non-existance of a naturalized record" for free. Is it possible it's free ?

Thanks
aulus
Rookie
Rookie

Re: I got this USCIS letter but poor instructions ? See Pic

Post by aulus »

You just need to send them a letter, make sure you put your case number on it and include a copy of that letter you received.

Here is a template you can use: _http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic20463.html
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Additional info: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/ ... 18190aRCRD

Q : How do I get certification of non-existence of a record (or no naturalization record) of a deceased immigrant?

To request certification of nonexistence of a specific record, write directly to the USCIS Records Services Branch at the address below. It is important that all request letters contain information to specifically identify the immigrant. For example, requests must contain the immigrant’s name (including all variants and aliases), date of birth, place of birth, and as much information as possible about when and where the immigrant arrived in or lived in the United States. Names of immediate immigrant relatives can also be helpful.

In all cases the immigrant must be deceased. If the immigrant’s birth date is less than 100 years before the request date, requests for certification of non-existence must include a copy of the immigrant’s death certificate.

Requests for this service should be addressed to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
ATTN: Records Operations Branch
1200 First Street NE
Washington, D.C. 20529-2204
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
vinnyz

Post by vinnyz »

This is really helpful information. I think all immigrants and expatriates face similar problems in one way or another. When a relative passes, it's really hard to provide all needed documentation. Even when living it's tough to get all documentation for things like loans and insurance. Thank you so much for these instructions. It helps me figure out the system.
vinnyz

Post by vinnyz »

This is really helpful information. I think all immigrants and expatriates face similar problems in one way or another. When a relative passes, it's really hard to provide all needed documentation. Even when living it's tough to get all documentation for things like loans and expatriate health insurance. Thank you so much for these instructions. It helps me figure out the system.