Corleone Marriage Record Translation: Cusimano and Trapani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jpetrelli
Rookie
Rookie

Corleone Marriage Record Translation: Cusimano and Trapani

Post by jpetrelli »

I was hoping to get assistance with translating a Marriage Record I recently identified for my 3GGPs, Liborio Cusimano and Maria Antonia Trapani. This is the first source of potential information I have located regarding either individual's parents.

I sincerely appreciate any assistance with the translation.

The Marriage Record can be found here.

Joe
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Re: Corleone Marriage Record Translation: Cusimano and Trapa

Post by siskojnash »

Could the Cusimanos in your family have ended up in Castelbuono, Messina Province? Do you happen to know about any Cusimano links to Castelbuono?
Harleygrrl
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Harleygrrl »

YIKES! I'd be happy to help if you had a transcription of it but it's too hard for me to read it. :(
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

1845 Oct 13 Marriage of Liborio Cusimano son of Antonio Cusimano and Aloysius Salerno??? and Maria Antonia Trapani daughter of Domencio Trapani and Maria Piazza.
Marriage banns where posted on Aug 24/31 and Sept 7 1845

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
jpetrelli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jpetrelli »

Marty,

Thank you greatly for your help.
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I believe that the marriage date is Oct 26, and that the name of Liborio's mother is Aloysia = Luigia or Luisa. Maria Antonia's father is Domenico. Both Maria Antonia's parents and Liborio's father were already are dead, while Aloysia was still alive.