GOT MY LETTER!!!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Mike Mo

Re: GOT MY LETTER!!!!

Post by Mike Mo »

Does the Passport state where the passport was issued ? New York Consulate? Or just your residency as the New York Consulate ?

From what you describe it must be a new format of Italian passport.

Is it the same format as in these passports below because these passports do not have "place of residency" or "place issued" but "only place of birth":

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

on the 3rd picture where it says "QUESTA DI ROMA" that page is on the next page and it says the new york consulate instead. so I guess it is in a new format. but I find it weird there is a residence page. I mean I don't care but what if I move more than three times?

above my picture where that page is ...

Residence
New York NY (USA)

Residence

blank of course

Residence

blank again

height

eye color

Green
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

of course that page is in italian. I obviously used english to make it easy on myself
Mike Mo

Post by Mike Mo »

That's crazy.

It has your Residence and Height and Eye color ? That's like a license, and I've never seen that before on any passport. VERY NEW. I also wonder why they have 3 places to put your residency ? I guess you can have 3 residencies ?

-------------------------

On another subject I found this on WIKIpedia and I think it's wrong regarding "compulsory only when travelling outside the European Union" but should say "compulsory only when traveling into Italy":

Italian passports are issued to Italian citizens to travel outside of Italy. For travelling within the European Union, Italian citizens can use their ID card. Biometric passports have been available since October 26, 2006. They are valid for a period of 10 years and they cost €42.50. A "tax mark" that costs € 40.29 to be renewed every year is compulsory only when traveling outside the European Union.

What do you think ?

Thanks
rjnigro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rjnigro »

You may want to take a look at:
http://livingwithabroadintuscany.blogsp ... liano.html

I could not add the fellows passport "board attachment quota has been reached" But if you go to the link you will see a passport issued by the SF Consulate this past October.

It shows the "residence" allocations ... The three might be for changes made in the future? Just a guess
rjnigro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rjnigro »

Also note:

Il passaporto italiano utilizza lo stile standard dell'Unione Europea. Il colore è rosso bordeaux, con l' Emblema della Repubblica Italiana al centro della copertina, le scritte "UNIONE EUROPEA" e subito sotto "REPUBBLICA ITALIANA" sopra lo stemma e la parola "PASSAPORTO" in basso. Nel passaporto biometrico compare anche il simbolo biometrico più sotto, così come in altri paesi.
Informazioni di identità [ modifica ]

Nel passaporto italiano le informazioni sull'identità del titolare si trovano nella seconda pagina di copertina, e includono le seguenti informazioni nell'ordine:

Foto
Tipo (P)
Codice paese (ITA)
Passaporto N.
Cognome (1)
Nome (2)
Cittadinanza (3)
Data di nascita (4)
Sesso (5)
Luogo di nascita (6)
Data di rilascio (7)
Data di scadenza (8)
Autorità (9)

In fondo c'è una sezione leggibile elettronicamente.

Altre informazioni di identità si trovano a pagina 2:

Residenza (11)
Residenza (11) (per inserire un'eventuale altra residenza)
Colore degli occhi (13)
Statura (12)
Proroghe (14)
Firma del titolare (10)

A pagina 3 c'è lo spazio per allegare eventuali fogli al passaporto, con le seguenti informazioni: foto, cognome (1), nome (2), sesso (5), data di nascita (4), luogo di nascita (6).

Tutte le informazioni appaiono in italiano , inglese , francese , e il numero di nota a fianco alla voce rimanda a pagina 5 dove ogni voce è tradotta in tutte le lingue dell'Unione Europea.

La pagina 4 è dedicata all'autorità, e viene apposto il timbro e la firma dell'autorità che ha emesso il passaporto (generalmente una questura e il relativo questore per il ministro ). Spesso non viene indicato il luogo esatto di emissione del documento, ma appare unicamente la firma del Ministro o del Questore.

Le pagine dalla 6 alla 48 sono dedicate ai visti e ai timbri dei paesi visitati.
Mike Mo

Post by Mike Mo »

Thanks rjnigro

Here is the passport:

On another note:

Do you know about the 42 EuroDollar stamp ? I don't read Italian :(
From what I understand you only need to renew the passport stamp every year only if you fly directly into Italy. If you enter the EU through any other country then enter italy you will never need to renew the stamp. IS THAT TRUE ?

Thanks

Mike
rjnigro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rjnigro »

My understanding is if you directly enter or directly leave a valid stamp is required or there is a penalty ... I do not know what the penalty is
Mike Mo

Post by Mike Mo »

Right! So this wiki is correct then:

Italian passports are issued to Italian citizens to travel outside of Italy. For travelling within the European Union, Italian citizens can use their ID card. Biometric passports have been available since October 26, 2006. They are valid for a period of 10 years and they cost €42.50. A "tax mark" that costs € 40.29 to be renewed every year is compulsory only when traveling outside the European Union.
rjnigro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rjnigro »

Yes, the clarification to what I wrote would be i"into Italy from a Non EU country" and "out of Italy to a non EU country"
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

just to be clear yes the paul robert spandoni passport is the exact format my passport is in! thanks for the post
Mike Mo

Post by Mike Mo »

Okay so if you travel everywhere but Italy you won't ever have to renew the stamp every year.

I think that's also correct.