Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Could anyone help me read the father's name in this birth record?
I can read it's "figlio del fu" but can't read the next word, which I presume is the name. Comparing the letters to others on the page, the first letter looks like a G.
Also, while looking at it could someone confirm the mother's last name? It looks to me like "Priti".
This is not a birth record but a marriage record, namely it is a marriage promise in front of the Mayor on August 6 1833, on the right side it states that the Marriage took place the same day in the Parish Church.
Groom: Sabatino Falduto, 28 yo, born in Caroniti, shepherd, son of the deceased Giuseppe (name abbreviated to Giup)and of Isabella Priti
Bride: Rosa Pansitta, 20yo, born in Caroniti, daughter of Carmine and Lucia Mazza
Yes you are absolutely correct I'm sorry it is a marriage record. Ugh I've been downloading and staring at so many documents in Italian I can't keep straight which is which.
Anyway, THANK YOU for clarifying the name it makes perfect sense, as their son's name was also Giuseppe!!
Very few works have been published in English on the topics of Italian heraldry, nobility and onomatology as these relate to genealogy. Yet all three fields depend upon genealogical research. This concise presentation is not intended as a historical treatise, but rather as a simple guide for those i...